Hawkins Hurt? | The Boneyard

Hawkins Hurt?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Jordan played limited minutes, is he hurt?

Reaction Score
Not mad at all about the tech. That was a BS college ref move by deciding to call a touch foul immediately to start the second half because uconn got a lot of free throws in the first half. It was predictable and what turns me off from college basketball

Reaction Score
They were a well coached team but our athleticism and size overwhelmed them .
Jackson is a game changer , if he started flying I wouldn’t be shocked .
We literally got nothing from our alleged two best players and made a bunch of mistakes and still won going away.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not being a wiseass, but he's not physically injured? Confirmed?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Easy to shrug off now because we won, but that foul call (minor grab off ball, happens every play) and the subsequent tech were bull$....
Officials were obviously trying to even out the foul discrepancy, despite the fact that Iowa State were bodying our guards all night.

Officials were not great most of the tournament.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone think Hawk hurt? 4 fouls to start 2nd half and that was it for him unless we needed some points late in a close game...it wasn't close so no reason to play him again. There was nothing physically wrong with him unless his legs fell asleep from sitting so much.

Reaction Score
It’s a good lesson for Hawk. Some refs are sensitive, you can’t give them a reason to take you out of the game. I’m sure it won’t happen again.
Can't really opine until we know what Hawk said. Unless it was egregious, the ref blew it.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he was sending a message so much as not putting someone back in the game late who was that cold while we were protecting a lead against a frenetic defense. Since he sat the last 10 minutes of the first half, he hadn‘t played at all in over an hour (other than 10 seconds of defense). If he comes in cold and turns it over a couple times, he could help take them off life support.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone think Hawk hurt? 4 fouls to start 2nd half and that was it for him unless we needed some points late in a close game...it wasn't close so no reason to play him again. There was nothing physically wrong with him unless his legs fell asleep from sitting so much.
Why would you say there is no reason to play him? He is one of the best players. He deserves to be on the court unless he is hurt or in the dog house.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
In the replay later you can clearly see he said something to the ref... I'm guessing he said something with blue language and got called for it. By the body language it didn't seem like he was really barking at the ref more like a "hey man that was a bs call". Jordan should know better but that was a whole series of weak fouls called.

As was said in chat and here, DH didn't protest so whatever was said clearly qualified for a T.

No point putting him back in to be honest once he sat - not much of the game left and by the time you normally would have considered it we'd locked it up. Definitely don't want him in during garbage time tonight.

Reaction Score
Why would you say there is no reason to play him? He is one of the best players. He deserves to be on the court unless he is hurt or in the dog house.
He had 4 fouls 20 seconds into 2nd half. You can't play him with 4 fouls until maybe 5 mins left in game. I assume DH was saving his 5th foul until crunch time if we needed a big shot...we didn't and the team had a good flow going.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game...

The players on the court fought hard, defended multiple attempts at runs to cut out lead and deserved to be the ones who closed out the game. Not that big of a deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom