Hawkins /High Volume 3 shooters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins /High Volume 3 shooters

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
His shot is very much like Ray Allen shot. Release looks similar. To me he looks bigger than Allen who I watched in high school in Dalziel, SC. I actually think he goes to the basket better than Allen did in his So year.

Reaction Score
If he's really 6'5 I wouldn't see why. His thin frame would be my concern, followed by handles and passing.
I assume a good athlete with the hand eye coordination to be a good shooter would be able to develop their handle if they made it a priority. Seems like he’s put in the effort so don’t see why it wouldn’t continue to improve?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I assume a good athlete with the hand eye coordination to be a good shooter would be able to develop their handle if they made it a priority. Seems like he’s put in the effort so don’t see why it wouldn’t continue to improve?
Idk about that but it might be less problematic in the nba with a bigger, more spread out court. See Rudy Gay

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If he's really 6'5 I wouldn't see why. His thin frame would be my concern, followed by handles and passing.
So it's not his height for you, it's three other things. Check.

Reaction Score
Craziest thing is Hawk has two games this season when he played less than 10 minutes and didn't hit a single 3 (injury vs. Stonehill and fouls vs. Iowa State). In his 9 full games, he's at 8.44 3-point attempts and 3.78 3-pointers made per game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I hear "volume shooter", I still think about the guy who scores 20 going 7-23 from the field.

Reaction Score
41.5 at High Volume isn't too shabby at all, one of the better numbers in the NCAA, and a little surprising to me because by eye test and game feel, I've felt that Jordan hasn't even gone on one of his patented hot streaks yet. When he does, holy moly, look out.

Kid is having a real nice season to this point and we are just scratching the surface.

I think he's had 2 unbelievable games so far, LIU (First Half was enough lol) and Ok. St.

If he can get on a 2-3 game run, it would be incredible. But, I don't think our team is built to rely on one person like that. Hopefully he continues to do what he did in Florida...show up big when we need him to.

Reaction Score
In games against top 200 teams among players from top 7 conferences, sorted by 3 point attempts per 100 team possessions, minimum shooting 37.5% from 3.
hawkins.png
Nice to see Joey on that list too

Reaction Score
You are probably watching closer than me but I’ve actually been impressed by his passing this year relative to expectation. Not that it’s a strength, but he’s made a couple of slick, heady passes that I can remember

I think this year he knows what he can and can't do a lot better than last year. He's playing a lot more disciplined, which is hard to do when you have a 24/7 green light. I've noticed him passing up shots that aren't fully there, playing more under control with less panicked jumpers, not going for as many crazy drives and circus shots (they're there time to time). That helps keep the ball moving and the offense flowing

Reaction Score
When I hear "volume shooter", I still think about the guy who scores 20 going 7-23 from the field.

Volume scorer > volume shooter. Jordan is the former.

Reaction Score
handles he definitely needs to improve for sure and the frame as well. Hopefully, his thin frame doesn't make him too susceptible to Nova's players backing him down easily.

Reaction Score
It was an off comment on one of the pods (think Spins on Vecenie pod) that some scouts think he's shorter than 6'5". It was extremely off hand comment though, but must be some scuttlebut out there.

I've never got the impression from his game that he's shorter than 6'5".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom