Hawkins /High Volume 3 shooters | The Boneyard

Hawkins /High Volume 3 shooters

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Interesting Stat look at High Volume 3 shooters. Jordan is kinda quietly putting up some nice numbers for the exact thing we need him for.

41.5 at High Volume isn't too shabby at all, one of the better numbers in the NCAA, and a little surprising to me because by eye test and game feel, I've felt that Jordan hasn't even gone on one of his patented hot streaks yet. When he does, holy moly, look out.

Kid is having a real nice season to this point and we are just scratching the surface.

Reaction Score
Jordan is so much more than a 3-point shooter. As his all around offense takes shape he should be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Interesting Stat look at High Volume 3 shooters. Jordan is kinda quietly putting up some nice numbers for the exact thing we need him for.

41.5 at High Volume isn't too shabby at all, one of the better numbers in the NCAA, and a little surprising to me because by eye test and game feel, I've felt that Jordan hasn't even gone on one of his patented hot streaks yet. When he does, holy moly, look out.

Kid is having a real nice season to this point and we are just scratching the surface.

Brandon Miller is shooting 3’s at a 44% clip?! Damn. That dude is going to be a stud at the next level. Lock Top 5 pick, maybe #3 behind Wemby and Scoot.

Reaction Score

He doesn't need a hot streak, he's been consistently very good. So not relying on a hot street to prop up his numbers.

Reaction Score

What's the last column?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He doesn't need a hot streak, he's been consistently very good. So not relying on a hot street to prop up his numbers.
Yes. I love the consistency, he doesn’t need it, but he has it, and it’s coming.

Reaction Score
Him and Joey C are the only players that no matter what shot they take, I can't be upset. They can shoot contested 28 footers and I'd want them to take the same exact shot next time
Part of the beauty of this team is that they’re not. This team is so much better at getting good looks and not settling for bad ones than prior years. Really hard to remember too many head scratchers (outside of a few Andre step back deep threes).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
What's the last column?
14732DE4-7EAC-445D-BC10-E8CE19D85A46.jpeg

Reaction Score
Someone posted a stat on twitter last week that Hawkins is shooting 60%+ coming off of screens for catch-and-shooting. Incredible #.

That alone will get him a first round pick. NBA pays a premium for this kind of shooting. There's only so many Tatum's or Luka's. He is the perfect complement to an elite wing.

He's also got great defense and height/length. Put on 10lbs and you have a prototype 3 and D wing.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Our hot start helped Hawkins more than anyone. Took a lot of preseason pressure off his shoulders.

Reaction Score
That alone will get him a first round pick. NBA pays a premium for this kind of shooting. There's only so many Tatum's or Luka's. He is the perfect complement to an elite wing.

He's also got great defense and height/length. Put on 10lbs and you have a prototype 3 and D wing.
I’ve heard that his height has been a little concerning for some nba scouts. I think he has around a 6’10” wingspan so that should help offset that

Reaction Score
Am I allowed to brag that I called this when I saw him at Dematha?
Props to you, but it's easy to see when a guy is dripping in upside. I got legit excited after seeing a handful of Hawkins' jumpshots in high school. He has the it factor and easily passes the eye test. The best way I can describe it, is that his shot is "true".

I love that he takes pride in his D, and is starting to go to the hole more, but that jumpshot has stood out for years. Love seeing him keep working hard to get better. Seems like a great kid.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard that his height has been a little concerning for some nba scouts. I think he has around a 6’10” wingspan so that should help offset that

If he's really 6'5 I wouldn't see why. His thin frame would be my concern, followed by handles and passing.

Reaction Score
Am I allowed to brag that I called this when I saw him at Dematha?
Nah, has come with @Ricker 's passion and consistency to get credit for calling it!

Need to include, height, weight, projected UConn and NBA production, family background, favorite food and grade school transcripts to be complete...

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
If he's really 6'5 I wouldn't see why. His thin frame would be my concern, followed by handles and passing.
You are probably watching closer than me but I’ve actually been impressed by his passing this year relative to expectation. Not that it’s a strength, but he’s made a couple of slick, heady passes that I can remember

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom