Hawk appreciation thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawk appreciation thread

Reaction Score
That around the three-point line through three screens to the corner three on the inbounds was a thing of beauty.
Best part of that shot is how Clingan calls him over when he's in the opposite corner, then sets the last (and nasty) screen.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Big change from last year. Every mistake and he logged like a kicked dog. He plays through misses now--that's really important.
yes. The game against Auburn came to mind when he turned over the ball when trying to run out the clock with a 2 pt lead in OT, or regulation I don't remember, then KD tied the game to force an OT period.

Reaction Score
yes. The game against Auburn came to mind when he turned over the ball when trying to run out the clock with a 2 pt lead in OT, or regulation I don't remember, then KD tied the game to force an OT period.

I love that throughout the season we still put Hawkins in those situations and kept challenging him, and showing the staff's faith in him. The dividends are paying off big time now

Reaction Score
Last several games I think he has really looked like mikal bridges

Reaction Score
I like the fact that he gets his points in the flow of the game.
He gets to his spot if he doesn’t get the ball he just hauls off to the next spot.

He is not ball dominate like Bouk was and guys are not deferring to him

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
On the last shot, he almost ran the entire 3 point arc to drain a corner 3, a thing of beauty!
That shot was a “wow” moment, running full speed around the entire arc catch and stop on a dime and wet the shot.

Very few players in program history could hit that shot…ray Allen and maybe Ben Gordon come to mind. I can’t think of anyone else

Also have to imagine that’s clip on the reel nba scouts will love

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love that throughout the season we still put Hawkins in those situations and kept challenging him, and showing the staff's faith in him. The dividends are paying off big time now
Absolutely. The worst thing would be to “protect” him and avoid putting him in those late game situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom