Hawk appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Hawk appreciation thread

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
And the blocks he has gotten over the past few games. Today he had the most sick block but they called a foul on him (bs). Love seeing these guys flying around and playing hard. Today was a real treat.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and can attest that it doesn't come across as well on a broadcast just how much he gets clutched and grabbed when he moves without the ball. Amazing how much they let the defense get away with that. And yet when he gets open he drills it.

Reaction Score
And yet another foul against him while he’s shooting a 3.

That’s got to be 5+ times this year he’s drawn that foul. I’ll take those free points anytime
14th time. Unless he had 1 against Georgetown, which I can't remember if he did. If so then make it 15.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and can attest that it doesn't come across as well on a broadcast just how much he gets clutched and grabbed when he moves without the ball. Amazing how much they let the defense get away with that. And yet when he gets open he drills it.
Damn right. I saw it first hand at the PC game. Carter and Breed were mugging him almost every time

Reaction Score
It's amazing how quickly he releases his shot, and he's almost always squared-up. The improvement from last year has been really impressive -- his handle is so much better, and his shooting confidence is off the charts. May be our best shooter ever. Lamb and Rip were real smooth shooters, but Hawkins is at another level. Love watching him play.

Reaction Score
14th time. Unless he had 1 against Georgetown, which I can't remember if he did. If so then make it 15.

Wow.
I thought I went light on the 5+ but 15 is just amazing.

Reaction Score
He seems to care so much.
He seems to care so much and he seems to never let his caring take him over the edge. Just a steady, deadly basketball player.

Freakin' love the guy and now really starting to thinking of him as a true first-round prospect this year.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
His D last night was strong - he just wasn't giving up ground at all. I love that when he shoots you can pretty much count it even though that means this is almost certainly his final season at UConn.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
On offense he also does it while being held and bumped more than anyone moving without the ball.

Going to miss him when he leaves.

Reaction Score
You could see his leadership skills starting to kick in mid-season this year.. More vocal in huddles--Encouraging teammates on the floor during games.. Another major difference (evolution) in his game this year vs last.. He's not letting the defender's physicality/defense get in his head to keep him from getting to his spots or into his shooting rhythm.. He is getting hit/grabbed/nudged on most off ball rotations/movements.. But he's completing the task.. Making the shot/taking the shot .. Instead of looking for the foul call-which may or may not come.

Gotta believe that his workouts in LA with Rip--His conversations with Ray.. Have been invaluable to him.. Dude is uber-focused--Playing with a purpose.. BTW-- At the right time .. Can't wait for the bright lights of the BET and March Madness.. But first.. Let's take down a few more teams prior to the BET.

caw

Reaction Score
It's amazing how quickly he releases his shot, and he's almost always squared-up. The improvement from last year has been really impressive -- his handle is so much better, and his shooting confidence is off the charts. May be our best shooter ever. Lamb and Rip were real smooth shooters, but Hawkins is at another level. Love watching him play.

That around the three-point line through three screens to the corner three on the inbounds was a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
Watch his reaction to AJaxs allyoop dunk. He was So pumped up for his teammate

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom