Haven't worn this in a while. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Haven't worn this in a while.

Reaction Score
Was at that game when we beat Ohio State for the championship. They let the crowd onto the floor after the game at the Garden. We've already lost Cliff Robinson, Jeff King and Spider Ursery from that team.
Yes, that was it. I have a lot of VCR tapes of games including the NIT Championship, but my machine has long since given up the ghost. I've been thinking of getting them all digitized, but it isn't cheap. I have the 1999 championship with all of the pre- and post-game coverage, too.

Reaction Score
That.. My friend. .Is a classic.. Do you remember our starting five for the NIT that year??
I'm pretty sure: Tate George, Phil Gamble, Lyman, Cliff & Jeff King
Wasn't sure on Lyman then remembered his dunk at start of Ohio State game!

Reaction Score
The greatest

1996 BE.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just was inspired to put it on this morning. Not a bad fit for 24 years. Anyone got any old Natty stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for bit. Let's see it.

View attachment 86878
I kept my same 1999 T, and it would probably fit you, but not me.

Reaction Score
Found this old friend as I was re-organizing our basement a while back.

View attachment 87265
My daughter and I were there opening night. I still have the poster hanging on the wall, the printing on my plastic cup has faded, I believe I still have the souvenir ticket somewhere, but I don't recall ever getting a shirt. It doesn't even look familiar to me. Hmm.

Reaction Score
The shirt in the upper left I actually found the week after the F4 at a sporting goods place at a mall in the Scranton PA area as I was traveling for work.
Was it the Dream Season when you made a t-shirt from the iron on patches the Courant was giving away? What ever happened to that shirt?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My daughter and I were there opening night. I still have the poster hanging on the wall, the printing on my plastic cup has faded, I believe I still have the souvenir ticket somewhere, but I don't recall ever getting a shirt. It doesn't even look familiar to me. Hmm.
I don’t recall if the shirt was free or if I had to buy it but I also have the souvenir ticket (that’s on the shirt) and real game ticket saved somewhere as well. The shirt is still in very good condition bc I never wore or washed it. I always considered it more of a keepsake from opening night.

Reaction Score
Wore it every for the entire tourney w/o washing it. Yesterday my wife didn't recognize me and allowed me back in the house.

View attachment 86892
I have a tattoo with the exact same design on my lower back, just below the belt line.

Got it during my bachelor party over in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Good price too. Don't remember getting it, though.

Reaction Score
Was it the Dream Season when you made a t-shirt from the iron on patches the Courant was giving away? What ever happened to that shirt?
That was the 1991-92 season. The Courant would have iron ons in the sports page every few weeks with the score of every win during the past few weeks. I ironed them onto the back of a grey uconn sweatshirt. I know I have it in a tote in the basement somewhere. I guess I have a job to do this weekend.

Reaction Score
Here ya go! Of course, it doesn't fit me anymore. :oops: I keep them all anyway.

View attachment 86885
I have the same thing, but in a white T-shirt. I think that's my oldest UConn gear. It's amazing how well some of my concert and sports team memorabilia from that era has held up. I have a bunch of stuff from around 1985-2000 that still looks good, including a super comfy 1989 Bangles concert sweatshirt that I wear frequently these days after taking it out of storage several years ago, and it's holding up great. The stuff I buy nowadays falls apart much faster. Partly for that reason, and because I have so much wearable older stuff, I didn't get any UConn gear for 2011 or 2014, but I did pick up a 2023 five-time champs T-shirt at the parade on Saturday. Got it on now!

Reaction Score
Was at that game when we beat Ohio State for the championship. They let the crowd onto the floor after the game at the Garden. We've already lost Cliff Robinson, Jeff King and Spider Ursery from that team.
Still one of my favorite pictures. You had to follow UConn to know how special that was. I had a UCONN tee shirt back then which I no longer have. Very few people outside CT knew who or what UConn was in 1988.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was it. I have a lot of VCR tapes of games including the NIT Championship, but my machine has long since given up the ghost. I've been thinking of getting them all digitized, but it isn't cheap. I have the 1999 championship with all of the pre- and post-game coverage, too.
I recorded most of the televised Dream Season games on a VCR. Hardly ever watched them again once the next game was played. VCR is long gone as are the tapes.

Reaction Score
I have the same thing, but in a white T-shirt. I think that's my oldest UConn gear. It's amazing how well some of my concert and sports team memorabilia from that era has held up. I have a bunch of stuff from around 1985-2000 that still looks good, including a super comfy 1989 Bangles concert sweatshirt that I wear frequently these days after taking it out of storage several years ago, and it's holding up great. The stuff I buy nowadays falls apart much faster. Partly for that reason, and because I have so much wearable older stuff, I didn't get any UConn gear for 2011 or 2014, but I did pick up a 2023 five-time champs T-shirt at the parade on Saturday. Got it on now!
OMG, I just found another half-dozen! Some like the '99 NC shirt are size "M"!! To put this in perspective I was "XXL" after I retired and before I lost 100 lbs (part of my job was to entertain clients at night, hence the weight gain). Remember the old original Big East logo? I forgot I still had these!

1681319261135.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom