Have we spoken about this yet? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Have we spoken about this yet?

Reaction Score
A three peat would be Huge.

We would stand alone, and absolutely no other team in NCAA history going forward would ever be able to achieve that for a very long time, if ever.

I believe this because of both the transfer portal and NIL adoption have changed the dynamics.

Everyone can exponentially better almost instantly and the lure of the NBA will keep the very best chasing that goal.

It's very hard to win a title, Hurley makes it look easy.

So in the current state of the NCAA, because of all these factors, I think you're going to start seeing traditional powers from the bigger conferences cannibalize each other and separately win titles, but not back to back.

From a selling point, I don't think I matters as much. Football still drives expansion, but basketball will start generating more revenue when the CBS contract is up and when that happens, you might see a push for good traditional basketball teams.

I think the B12 or some of the remnants of the ACC, after it dissolves will be where UConn ends up, just my guess.

Reaction Score
A three peat would be Huge.

We would stand alone, and absolutely no other team in NCAA history going forward would ever be able to achieve that for a very long time, if ever.

I believe this because of both the transfer portal and NIL adoption have changed the dynamics.

Everyone can exponentially better almost instantly and the lure of the NBA will keep the very best chasing that goal.

It's very hard to win a title, Hurley makes it look easy.

So in the current state of the NCAA, because of all these factors, I think you're going to start seeing traditional powers from the bigger conferences cannibalize each other and separately win titles, but not back to back.

From a selling point, I don't think I matters as much. Football still drives expansion, but basketball will start generating more revenue when the CBS contract is up and when that happens, you might see a push for good traditional basketball teams.

I think the B12 or some of the remnants of the ACC, after it dissolves will be where UConn ends up, just my guess.
Please, anything but the Big East. Maybe keep some home and homes with St John’s, Villanova and a couple others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom