Have they announced our game time for Friday? | The Boneyard

Have they announced our game time for Friday?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The times are listed as 6:00 and 9:30...uhh...too much babble time between the games.

Might the results of tonight's games be a factor?

A Stanford/South Carolina semifinal might get the late slot over UConn/Arizona.
Hoping for the early time.

Reaction Score
Maybe not. Thought I saw the game was scheduled at 7. It says TBD. Must have been the Baylor game.

Reaction Score
Hate the late game. Gonna be bad for ratings anyway on a Friday night of a holiday weekend. Might have been better off just playing these during the afternoon since it's a holiday.

Reaction Score
I heard one of the announcers in the USC/Texas game say the UCONN game is the later one. South Carolina/Texas vs Stanford/Louisville will be the early game.

Reaction Score
I’ll make coffee Friday afternoon for sure lol. I’m surprised we have the early game due to UConn usually pulling in more ratings with viewers who stay tuned in to watch the second game.

Reaction Score
The times are listed as 6:00 and 9:30...uhh...too much babble time between the games.
The extended gap is because of Covid — they need to clean the surfaces between games.

for the earlier rounds,
One advantage of being in one city was that games from the same “region” could be held at different locations, so no waiting time between games.

Reaction Score
If Stanford wins tonight, their West Coast fans will be really pissed that their Friday game starts at 3 PM local time, when it could have / should have been at 6:30 PM local time. ESPN / NCAA and the almighty dollar.

And 3 1/2 hours between game starts. Know they must be playing on the same court. But why? Time to sanitize the players/coaches/staffs areas? Fans get better views from one court over the other? NCAA only has to put the missing March Madness logos on a single court (to save $)? NCAA officials are too lazy to move their a**es from one court to the other? What gives?

Reaction Score
If Stanford wins tonight, their West Coast fans will be really pissed that their Friday game starts at 3 PM local time, when it could have / should have been at 6:30 PM local time. ESPN / NCAA and the almighty dollar.

And 3 1/2 hours between game starts. Know they must be playing on the same court. But why? Time to sanitize the players/coaches/staffs areas? Fans get better views from one court over the other? NCAA only has to put the missing March Madness logos on a single court (to save $)? NCAA officials are too lazy to move their a**es from one court to the other? What gives?
1) You’re assuming Stanford generates high TV viewership in NoCal (I bet not)
2) many people have Friday off
3) with 2 west coast teams, one would be early/one late

with one court, they can bring in more socially distanced fans
Also,
Otherwise they would need to move the fans from one court to the other

Reaction Score
1) You’re assuming Stanford generates high TV viewership in NoCal (I bet not)
2) many people have Friday off
3) with 2 west coast teams, one would be early/one late

with one court, they can bring in more socially distanced fans
Also,
Otherwise they would need to move the fans from one court to the other
Some excellent points. So, with a single court, if we and Stanford make it to the Finals (I know Dawn would disagree), whom do we get to lead our fan cheering section to drown out Russell and Ciara? Stewie, Sue, DT, Maya, Renee ... any ideas?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some excellent points. So, with a single court, if we and Stanford make it to the Finals (I know Dawn would disagree), whom do we get to lead our fan cheering section to drown out Russell and Ciara? Stewie, Sue, DT, Maya, Renee ... any ideas?

Maybe fly out some Seahawk offensive lineman :p:cool::D:eek::rolleyes:;)

Reaction Score

JayZ and Beyoncé

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
ESPN has UConn posted in the 9:30 slot.
Top seeds always get the early game. Stanford is the top overall seed, although for fan support it would have made more sense to put them in the 9:30 time slot. They should realize that with very few fans actually at the game, that TV support would be the vehicle that will get the most attention for the games. But hell, this is the NCAA.

Reaction Score
for fan support it would have made more sense to put them in the 9:30 time slot. They should realize that with very few fans actually at the game, that TV support would be the vehicle that will get the most attention for the games. But hell, this is the NCAA.

Yeah I'm sure the people at ESPN whose livelihoods depend on ratings know a lot less about TV audience than folks on a message board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom