Have arrived in Nashville! | The Boneyard

Have arrived in Nashville!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Wicked early flight meant getting up wicked-er early, so I'm looking forward to a nap soon.

It's chilly greening spring here in Tennessee - 40 or so when we landed, but the Final Four greeter promised us 64 by noon. When you're in the sun, yes....when you're not? Brrrrrr!

Easy car pick up, then headed to East Nashville for some breakfast at Marche Artisan Foods. Great service, yummy food...

With time to kill before the hotel opened up, drove into, through and around downtown Nashville. Small and bustling at the center. I'm liking the vibe more than when I was in Knoxville for the WBHOF induction ceremony. Strong mix of old and new architecture.

Continued our wandering exploration and end up driving past Vanderbilt (yes, as we researched, started by THAT Vanderbilt - hence the "Commodores" nickname.) Did you know the campus was also an arboretum? Did a quick drive through - really, really lovely. Also stopped by Centennial Park to visit the Parthenon and did some walking. Yup, it's big. Nearby lake is being dredged/cleaned, so that wasn't so scenic.

It's early for birds - but there is a list: Robins, Blue Jays, a lone Turkey Vulture, cackling Grackles, some beautiful Bank Swallows, noisy Northern Mockingbird, a gregarious Carolina Wren, and an early Hermit Thrush.

Next on the agenda, the aforementioned nap, then a return to East Nashville to partake of the fare at the Eastland Cafe. Then, we're off to the Grand Ole Opry!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tip on Eastland Cafe. Sounds like you took the same flight out of LGA. We are heading to the Grand Old tonight also sitting section 5 dd.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Woot!! How exciting! I envy you!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
TJI... Keep posting... Great color / background work...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Grand Old was fun -- the last third of the night was especially wonderful. Lots of acknowledgement of the Final Four. One of the ... shirt tails, can't remember - host/performers asked, "So, I understand this is a special performance for UConn fans." UConn fans made themselves known -- including a U-C-O-N-N and UConn/Huskies! cheer.

Reaction Score
I'll keep an eye out for you at the arena tonight. Be ready for rain. Hope to see you at the game.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Love your reports. Please keep them coming!

Reaction Score
My niece and I are visiting the campus today. I have never seen Vanderbilt. We are meeting one of the football players from her high school at 11; and one of her former AAU basketball team mates who now plays for Vandy at 1. Was impressed by the pretty flowering trees all around Nashville, even in some of the industrial areas.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My niece and I are visiting the campus today. I have never seen Vanderbilt. We are meeting one of the football players from her high school at 11; and one of her former AAU basketball team mates who now plays for Vandy at 1. Was impressed by the pretty flowering trees all around Nashville, even in some if the industrial areas.
On the tree front ... NE is definitely a tough climate for flowering trees and shrubs - we have some beauties, but a not harsh winter and a much longer growing season makes the contrast blindingly obvious in early spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom