Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! | The Boneyard

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Cheers!

Will be off the Boneyard till next week!

Here's to a tourney championship!

Reaction Score
Thanks! You too... And my Super Secret Husky Senses predict Roscoe Smith wins a "Turkey of the Year" on PTI for his "last second shot" against Texas in January.

Reaction Score
Let's see...no work, good food with friends and family, UConn basketball for 3 days straight, sprinkle in some NFL football, yeah, I'd say it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving for all!

Enjoy yourselves, but take some time to be thankful for all that God has for us. Through all the good and not-so-good, there is still a lot to be thankful for.

God bless you all!

(Note: I previously wrote Good Bless... but meant God bless... Note that I mean no offense to anyone here and realize we all have varied beliefs. For those who celebrate this holiday in the way it was originally intended as a day set aside to thank God, I hope it brings overflowing thankfulness. For those who celebrate it differently, I wish you all the best in however choose to celebrate Thanksgiving.)

DM

Reaction Score
Pick up the Rolaids on your way to eat.

Have a Happy T-Day, heading to Amherst Ma hopefully I'll get the tourney up there.

Drive Safely!

Reaction Score
Let's see...no work, good food with friends and family, UConn basketball for 3 days straight, sprinkle in some NFL football, yeah, I'd say it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving for all!

Enjoy yourselves, but take some time to be thankful for all that God has for us. Through all the good and not-so-good, there is still a lot to be thankful for.

Good Bless you all!

DM
Good Bless? Did you mean god bless (Sure that solves all the problems of the less fortunate. Try and keep religion and god out of it.) I don't think you should speak for others as it relates to what others should be thankful for. It serves no purpose other than making yourself feel better. It also comes across a bit condescending when you make definitive statements like "there is still a lot to be thankful for". General statements like this are ignorant. Before you make such ridiculous blanket statements like this try volunteering the whole day in a shelter or doing something for the less fortunate. From the sounds of this post that doesn't appear to be on your agenda. I'm sure though you will tell us you have. Just doesn't cross your mind on Thanksgiving of course.

Best per the usual...

Reaction Score
Good Bless? Did you mean god bless (Sure that solves all the problems of the less fortunate. Try and keep religion and god out of it.) I don't think you should speak for others as it relates to what others should be thankful for. It serves no purpose other than making yourself feel better. It also comes across a bit condescending when you make definitive statements like "there is still a lot to be thankful for". General statements like this are ignorant. Before you make such ridiculous blanket statements like this try volunteering the whole day in a shelter or doing something for the less fortunate. From the sounds of this post that doesn't appear to be on your agenda. I'm sure though you will tell us you have. Just doesn't cross your mind on Thanksgiving of course.

Best per the usual...

Yikes sounds like someone didn't reserve their Turkey in time...

Chill out dude he's just wishing well on everyone

Reaction Score

Best per the usual...
No, I did mean God bless, and will fix it.

I'm sorry that you feel that I was trying to be condescending. I was only trying to be encouraging and never expect others to believe as I do.

The purpose of the Holiday, and you can look it up if you'd wish, was a day set aside to thank God. I'm not the one who made up the holiday.

I simply believe that regardless of our circumstances we can choose to be thankful. Letting our difficult circumstances, which we all have at times and to various degrees, rob us of our joy. That doesn't mean we can't grieve if we suffer some sort of loss or have sadness due to some misfortune. Those are genuine and valid feelings. Thankfulness is an act of the will, which we can choose or not choose. Note that the Pilgrims experienced a great deal of hardship and loss, but still dedicated a day for thanksgiving. And for those who direct their thankfulness towards something other than God or do not choose to be thankful, that too I respect since it is a personal decision. I had no intention to tell anyone what to do or how to feel, though I can understand why you might have taken it that way due to the way I worded it. Note that when someone states to be thankful to something other than God, or whatever belief system one might hold, I don't take offense to that. Faith is a person thing, but that doesn't mean we can't express it here.

Again sorry to have offended you, if that was the case. I wish you a fulfilling experience this Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend however way you wish.

Reaction Score

Best per the usual...

lighten up Francis

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be a Boneyard happy thanksgiving post without a little controversy I guess..

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to all and imparting some pearls of wisdom. If you are going to fry a turkey...1) do it outdoors and away from the house 2) don't put the turkey in the fryer by reenacting Ray Allen's BET last shot against Iverson. Nothing good will come of it....even if you make the shot.

Stay safe everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul