Hats Off To UConn | The Boneyard

Hats Off To UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They played a great game and beat a good team. The Irish struggled against a unranked team.I think U Conn should be #1 .Congrats to Husky Nation.
Thanks but far too early. I do think Baylor is a final 4 team along with PROBABLY UCONN, ND, and SC or Maryland. But it's way early and so much can happen between now and March.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Classy post by southbendcane. I didn't think UConn could match up with Baylor. Did Nina Davis even score? What a performance by the Huskies.
KittyWho.png

Reaction Score
Man Davis has a funky shot. Hard to believe someone hasn't helped her work on her mechanics.
You don't fix what isn't broken.
Do you want Uconn to be number one to take the pressure off the ND team/???
Uconn isn't rated number one--nor do I believe with the close wins should that be.
However, beating Bu by 11 should allow consideration for the number 2 spot
Until after the December games --I'm happy to be rated 2 or 3 or even 4. No one gives you free ice cream cones if you are number one--so why bother??

Reaction Score
Thanks but far too early. I do think Baylor is a final 4 team along with PROBABLY UCONN, ND, and SC or Maryland. But it's way early and so much can happen between now and March.
Baylor will be hugely improved by March. They didn't play anywhere near their potential against us. But they have a powder puff schedule the rest of the year. No SC, no Louisville, no ND, no Maryland. The only top 10 team remaining on their schedule are two tiffs w. Texas.
They will have an impressive win loss record come tourney time but they won't be battle-tested. We will be!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Baylor will be hugely improved by March. They didn't play anywhere near their potential against us. But they have a powder puff schedule the rest of the year. No SC, no Louisville, no ND, no Maryland. The only top 10 team remaining on their schedule are two tiffs w. Texas.
They will have an impressive win loss record come tourney time but they won't be battle-tested. We will be!
They were battle tested last season but it did not help them get to the FF.

Reaction Score
You don't fix what isn't broken.
Do you want Uconn to be number one to take the pressure off the ND team/???
Uconn isn't rated number one--nor do I believe with the close wins should that be.
However, beating Bu by 11 should allow consideration for the number 2 spot
Until after the December games --I'm happy to be rated 2 or 3 or even 4. No one gives you free ice cream cones if you are number one--so why bother??
Baylor reminds me of South Carolina last year. Big but not a very good shooting team. But at least S.C. had a true point guard. I just feel U Conn deserves to be #1. N.D. has some things to work on. Will see how good Greenbay is as the season goes on. But the Irish gave up way to many open threes. It reminded me of the Stanford game only they escaped this time. They seem to have trouble rotating with the ball on defense. U Conn passes the ball well to find the open shooter and Geno will expose that weakness. It is still very hard to beat the Irish at home. Im hoping Muffet tweaks a few things and we get it rolling by the time the Huskies come to town.

Reaction Score
softening the blow... unless they win like ETT thought!
scared-man-pf.jpg
If your referring to me. Not even close. I still think N.D. will beat U Conn. I believe we have only lost twice at home in the last 5 years. Once to Baylor with Griner and Sims and U Conn. I don't duck and run. And should U Conn win i will be right here giving them their props. I hope people on here will do the same.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor reminds me of South Carolina last year. Big but not a very good shooting team. But at least S.C. had a true point guard. I just feel U Conn deserves to be #1. N.D. has some things to work on. Will see how good Greenbay is as the season goes on. But the Irish gave up way to many open threes. It reminded me of the Stanford game only they escaped this time. They seem to have trouble rotating with the ball on defense. U Conn passes the ball well to find the open shooter and Geno will expose that weakness. It is still very hard to beat the Irish at home. Im hoping Muffet tweaks a few things and we get it rolling by the time the Huskies come to town.
\

Don't sell Green Bay short. They are tough like their coach--they don't have an inch of give to give. Also, don't sell Muffy short--ok she is short--she is one of the top two or three in the country coaches. And you know country coaches are good.
However--if you want nice things said about ND or Muffy--this is the way to do it.
My Himmy cats--one is muffet Mcgraw the other CD (unfortunately CD had medical issues) FYI--Sister mary joseph told us if we didn't follow ND we'd go to Haiti's --I liked traveling so I stopped following ND.

Reaction Score
Cajun---many of the original Cajuns were French Canadians--I could tell you how they got there but not in an open forum. It all started with Commodore Winslow.
Thanks . Both GB and SD have risen in the last few years. GB gave uconn a run for their money in the GulF Classic.

Reaction Score

Thanks --we read the same things--it looks like.

ARcadians ---were exiled by Commodore Winslow --and rounded up French Canadian and dispersed them south ward and to the Caribbean(?) France and England- hundreds died in sunk boats and starvation--some ended up in Georgia --where they were enslaved and some made their way to New Orleans and some back to Port Royal (nova scotia)and became insurgents (minor).
Everything else is accurate. Thanks---Why were they dispossessed??
Acadia original form was A R cadia. Upper Maine , East Quebec Prov

Reaction Score
I feel like i should have my kids read this to give them a history lesson.I wonder if their World History teacher has taught them this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom