OT: - Hats off to Steph Curry | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Steph Curry

Reaction Score
As we all know, he broke the all-time 3-pt. shots last night.

I don't watch the NBA at all. I find it so very boring. But, I have lots and lots of respect for Curry. Besides being the best shooter in the history of men's basketball, he is an excellent teammate. And he is a fine person, very soft spoken, unlike too many of today's athletes.

My favorite moment last night was the hug between him and his father, who played in the NBA.

Lots of respect to Curry. I hope he wins a few more rings. He deserves it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Definitely my favorite Men's BB player. How he built his game is remarkable. And he is always perpetual motion. On the other end of the Spectrum, the Knicks have buried Kemba Walker so deep, they probably could not find him on the bench if they wanted to. :(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was a brief video/commercial right after Curry set the record. In it he was asked what he thinks about when he shoots the ball. I was expecting some kind of keen insight like, “I focus intensely on the front of the rim.”

Curry’s answer was Zen-like. When he shoots the ball he thinks about, “Absolutely nothing.” How’s that for not overthinking something?

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
There was a brief video/commercial right after Curry set the record. In it he was asked what he thinks about when he shoots the ball. I was expecting some kind of keen insight like, “I focus intensely on the front of the rim.”

Curry’s answer was Zen-like. When he shoots the ball he thinks about, “Absolutely nothing.” How’s that for not overthinking something?
Steph should teach Azzi that.

Reaction Score
I watched that game last night. Pretty cool accomplishment for one of the games greatest shooters. Congrats, Steph. Also loved the moment he shared with his parents. Pretty special.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
But, I have lots and lots of respect for Curry. Besides being the best shooter in the history of men's basketball,
You need to qualify this statement. The 3 point shot was not introduced until 1980, the same year Magic Johnson and Larry Bird entered the league. Before that, there were several long range shooters, Pete Maravich immediately comes to mind, but since there was no incentive for the low percentage shot, and there are no records, we don't know for sure who might have shot better. So, a more correct statement might be "best shooter in modern basketball."

Reaction Score
You need to qualify this statement. The 3 point shot was not introduced until 1980, the same year Magic Johnson and Larry Bird entered the league. Before that, there were several long range shooters, Pete Maravich immediately comes to mind, but since there was no incentive for the low percentage shot, and there are no records, we don't know for sure who might have shot better. So, a more correct statement might be "best shooter in modern basketball."
Your point is well taken. Thank you for clarifying.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mr curry to hoops is like gopro is to cameras. sure he's just a cager, and gopro just takes pictures, but both changed the game they play in, forever.
singlehandedly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You make a very good point, however Steph Curry is such a good shooter that he has changed the way the game is played; to the point where hoisting threes early in the clock is no longer considered a bad shot.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why did it have to be against the Knicks? So many players get their all time records against the Knicks. Sad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom