Hathaway with a new job---BE | The Boneyard

Hathaway with a new job---BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The fact he gets to stay as chairman for the tournament makes it interesting. I want to know if hes able to be in the room when Uconn comes up in the discussion. You know if we get put in a bracket with tough matchups there will be a lot of Uconn fans saying he had something to do with it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The fact he gets to stay as chairman for the tournament makes it interesting. I want to know if hes able to be in the room when Uconn comes up in the discussion. You know if we get put in a bracket with tough matchups there will be a lot of Uconn fans saying he had something to do with it.
I can't see why he won't be in the room for UConn since he no longer works for UConn. But he if he recuses himself he can influence UConn's bracket. I expect UConn to get bad match ups from his influence. His dislike of JC had to take a bigger leap with his getting pushed out.

Reaction Score
I can't see why he won't be in the room for UConn since he no longer works for UConn. But he if he recuses himself he can influence UConn's bracket. I expect UConn to get bad match ups from his influence. His dislike of JC had to take a bigger leap with his getting pushed out.

Seriously, this isn't 3rd grade recess. Come on.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Seriously, this isn't 3rd grade recess. Come on.
I don't understand your counter argument. If you wouldn't mind could you be clearer?

Reaction Score
Umm, if recuses himself just how does he influence UC and match ups etc?

Reaction Score
I don't understand your counter argument. If you wouldn't mind could you be clearer?

Sure. You honestly think a former athletic director is going to sabotage an NCAA tourney seeding to spite one of his former coaches?? If you were joking, I apologize.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Sure. You honestly think a former athletic director is going to sabotage an NCAA tourney seeding to spite one of his former coaches?? If you were joking, I apologize.
Not joking. I always felt there was a strong vindictive side to JH. Just my gut and not provable, so anyone who disagrees with me I have no proof to back up my claims. We have seen better seeds get placed in brackets which have a harder pathway to win it all. It happens. So it would be easy to put teams in UConn's bracket that UConn would have problems with match ups.

I hope UConn gets to the tourney as a high seed and I hope I'm wrong. But there is recent evidence with Defillipo that shows how people carrying a grudge behave. And he was head of the ACC expansion search committee.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Umm, if recuses himself just how does he influence UC and match ups etc?

People can influence people even if they don't vote directly. He can make sure certain teams get put in UConn's region by encouraging other members where teams other than UConn are placed.

Reaction Score
People can influence people even if they don't vote directly. He can make sure certain teams get put in UConn's region by encouraging other members where teams other than UConn are placed.
If he were to recuse himself because of his past relationship with UC he would have to be out of the room or at a minimum not participating in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Fleud is on the $$$. You have to be naive to think otherwise. In real life people with an ax to grind and a platform to use it will exact revenge on their adversary at least 85% of the time. I like those odds.

"Hathaway is a four-year member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and will serve as chair for the 2011-12 basketball season."

Match ups are everything in the NCAA tourney. I think 2 BE teams this year should/could get #1 seeds. The other could get stuck as a #2 in the North Car. bracket. The tourney is about survive and advance. Louisville, Syracuse & UConn could be vying for the last two #1 seeds. The last out taking the #2 could theoretically get screwed as the lowest #2 and play in the Carolina bracket. I would prefer playing NCAR in the Finals not the regional finals.

When all said and done you will have to basically beat who you play but how the brackets go down is highly relevant and JH will have influence. Just my opinion of course.

Reaction Score
Since he is employed by the Big East I believe he has to recuse himself from the room when any Big East teams are involved.

Reaction Score
Fleud is on the $$$. You have to be naive to think otherwise. In real life people with an ax to grind and a platform to use it will exact revenge on their adversary at least 85% of the time. I like those odds.

"Hathaway is a four-year member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and will serve as chair for the 2011-12 basketball season."

Match ups are everything in the NCAA tourney. I think 2 BE teams this year should/could get #1 seeds. The other could get stuck as a #2 in the North Car. bracket. The tourney is about survive and advance. Louisville, Syracuse & UConn could be vying for the last two #1 seeds. The last out taking the #2 could theoretically get screwed as the lowest #2 and play in the Carolina bracket. I would prefer playing NCAR in the Finals not the regional finals.

When all said and done you will have to basically beat who you play but how the brackets go down is highly relevant and JH will have influence. Just my opinion of course.
The counter argument though of course is Carolina is getting screwed also but that will be secondary to seeing UConn potentially bounced prematurely.

Reaction Score
Since he is employed by the Big East I believe he has to recuse himself from the room when any Big East teams are involved.
Let me give you an analogy. In the stock market information is passed on each day that constitutes insider trading. Few if any violators get prosecuted or simply regulated by the SEC or FINRA. This is no different because this is how information is disseminated in real life and the perpetrators rarely get caught. People in positions of power find a way around the system. Chair of the committee is power. Just my opinion.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
he would be an idiot if he overtly tried to screw with UCONN come tourney time. don't you think the people who hired him know exactly what occurred with his firing from UCONN? having said that, i'm sure he would try subtly to screw UCONN over. after all it's not like he left on good terms and is likely to "turn the other cheek"...

Reaction Score
Although possible I think his axe is with Calhoun and not the school or the kids who play there. I will give him a benefit of trust and 'assume' he is too professional to put personalities over principles. He still should have UConn in his blood something Calhoun can't take away from him. I don't think he's that bitter or spiteful for that matter.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I would say after President Herbst encouraged JH to resign he would have a lot of reason to dislike UConn and hope the university would have problems.

Reaction Score
What's he going to do? He already screwed us several times when he worked here. The only thing I can think of is IF we leave the BE he will do his best to make our lives miserable before we exit. Fortunately we are used to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom