Hate to do this | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hate to do this

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How about when he didn’t leave the floor in the shot came and then stepped forward shoulder first into the defender and got the xall

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We got out-toughed today, sorry but it happens
Would’ve been different if four of our guys didn’t pick up two in the first balf

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This game was tailor made for Akok at the 5 . He got a minute in first half tgat was it

Reaction Score
What's adding up is the fact Hurley can't keep his players healthy.

Remember Akok a week ago sparking the Xavier win? A week later and he can't give us a thing?

Remember the first 10 mins of this game when Bouk was the best player in the country? He gets hurt again and is giving us nothing.

Total joke. Nothing else matters if the players aren't durable.
How does hurley keep a guy from getting bumped and falling? Not sure what any coach can do for bouk in that situation.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
But the 50/50, nickel dimers, and non calls are stacking up. I think they call that home court advantage. Wish we could see that someday. Free throws sure. But the stripes are getting involved now. Can’t say that nova is playing harder.
I normally don't join in on the "it's the ref's" thread but can't help this one. Was it 6-7 minutes into the second half and Nova had 6 fouls and the good guys 1. I couldn't believe it. They called 3 quick fouls on the good guys inside of a minute. And they were BS calls.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I normally don't join in on the "it's the ref's" thread but can't help this one. Was it 6-7 minutes into the second half and Nova had 6 fouls and the good guys 1. I couldn't believe it. They called 3 quick fouls on the good guys inside of a minute. And they were BS calls.
During that stretch there were 3 loose balls out of bounds that I think all went the wrong way. I don’t think Whaley tipped the first ball out. Gilespie definitely tipped the ball after rj picked it on the sideline. And Jackson has a nova player come through him on the third. That plus the double possession and I’m convinced there was 4 possessions that should have changed hands.

Wouldn’t have changed the outcome in my opinion. Gillespie would have hit two more daggers. He wasn’t letting nova lose today.

Reaction Score
This game was tailor made for Akok at the 5 . He got a minute in first half tgat was it
Akok is coming back from a career threatening injury. I’ve heard medical people say playing him that long against Xavier was coaching malpractice. If he becomes a big time player it will be in 2021-22.

Reaction Score
RJ Cole went 2-10 from the field. He couldn’t handle Gillespie man to man. This was the guy who had 25 vs Xavier. Guess Hurley told him to miss those shots.

The offense though has turned back into give the ball to Bouknight and stand around while he plays hero ball. It worked in the first half but as he got beat up, and Villanova adjusted not so much.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
@StllH8L8ner Whaley is an offensive liability. And the refs blew the whistle so late on like 4 suspect fouls.
Yeah I don't disagree. It's just a little disappointing bc I've seen Whaley hit those little medium range jumpers but he just seems to have zero confidence in anything outside of the wide open dunk lately.

Reaction Score
Another loss under Hurley because we couldn't get Bouknight through a game without getting injured and Akok apparently a DNP.
Too bad they let Villanova dictate the tempo. We’re way too predictable.

Reaction Score
Too bad they let Villanova dictate the tempo. We’re way too predictable.
Don't think anyone was dictating the tempo, UConn is 319th in tempo and Villanova is 331st

Reaction Score
Did you forget how much better we looked when we played faster?
Of course not, my point is until proven otherwise that game should be treated as an anomaly because we haven't played fast much of the year. Even with the games we played "fast" we're one of the slowest teams in the country

Edit: To expound on this, and my math may be off here, but I believe we averaged 64.2 possessions a game before Xavier/Providence. We had 70 and 73 possessions in those 2 (raising the average to 65.2), and then had 67 possessions today. Not sure if there's anywhere that tracks possessions to confirm, had to piece that together by searching KenPom in the wayback machine. So I wouldn't say we played particularly slow today

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So we took the lead at 40-39 near 15:00 left. There were 3-4 really bizarre calls that went to Nova in a 1 minute span. We never recovered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom