Hate to do this | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hate to do this

Reaction Score
During that stretch there were 3 loose balls out of bounds that I think all went the wrong way. I don’t think Whaley tipped the first ball out. Gilespie definitely tipped the ball after rj picked it on the sideline. And Jackson has a nova player come through him on the third. That plus the double possession and I’m convinced there was 4 possessions that should have changed hands.

Wouldn’t have changed the outcome in my opinion. Gillespie would have hit two more daggers. He wasn’t letting nova lose today.
Was it wrong for me to wish for hard screen on this guy to wipe that resting bitch face away? ???

Reaction Score
Coaching staff should be held accountable for injuries for overuse of a player, length and or practice activities, not recognizing some players are more susceptible to injury, abusive medical staff, these peoples history with injuries and so on. Only someone with inside information could tell us that regarding current staff.

These players hold these coaches livelihoods in their hands. Considering they only have these players for 1-4 years the thought of too much practice or too much playing time is sometimes ignored. Any of you involved with competitive sports knows this. You probably experienced it with your own kids. Mine dealt with shin splits for 18 months; coaches don’t always care. They’ll go away eventually. In the meantime you will run. And when you make a mistake you must run. If you miss a serve you run. If you are lazy you run. If you’re teammate is lazy you run. Madness. Sorry...flashback to daughters competitive years.

Reaction Score
Refs were awful, but I also wonder if Bouk's fast start also affected the team.

It's natural to watch a guy like Bouk when he's on and and he certainly was on until the fall. Sometimes, if this happens right at the start, it can take a team out of its offense. They become spectators like the rest of us, watching a special player do special things.

Don't get me wrong. Let's have Bouk out there as much as he can stand, but guys cant stop moving and have to be ready. Too me, they didn't look it this game.

Cole's 2 quick fouls also hurt.

Reaction Score
Coaching staff should be held accountable for injuries for overuse of a player, length and or practice activities, not recognizing some players are more susceptible to injury, abusive medical staff, these peoples history with injuries and so on. Only someone with inside information could tell us that regarding current staff.

These players hold these coaches livelihoods in their hands. Considering they only have these players for 1-4 years the thought of too much practice or too much playing time is sometimes ignored. Any of you involved with competitive sports knows this. You probably experienced it with your own kids. Mine dealt with shin splits for 18 months; coaches don’t always care. They’ll go away eventually. In the meantime you will run. And when you make a mistake you must run. If you miss a serve you run. If you are lazy you run. If you’re teammate is lazy you run. Madness. Sorry...flashback to daughters competitive years.
Sounds like your daughter should have taken up track or cross country, due to the amount of running she had to do. ???

Reaction Score
Akok showed us a move last week. What the hell happened with him?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As I said in the chat, the Big East has regained much of its prior rep for one reason only, Villanova won two titles. They aren’t going to jeopardize that. I don’t mean that they are actively biased, just that Colin Gillespie lives on that aggressive shoulder bump, so they are going to let that go.

It’s like the NBA in the Jordan era, he lowered his shoulder to get space to shoot all the time. They called it...on the defense. UConn has benefited from similar situations over the years. Kemba got lots of calls.

Reaction Score
As I said in the chat, the Big East has regained much of its prior rep for one reason only, Villanova won two titles. They aren’t going to jeopardize that. I don’t mean that they are actively biased, just that Colin Gillespie lives on that aggressive shoulder bump, so they are going to let that go.

It’s like the NBA in the Jordan era, he lowered his shoulder to get space to shoot all the time. They called it...on the defense. UConn has benefited from similar situations over the years. Kemba got lots of calls.
I have been thinking these exact thoughts since the game ended yesterday but I didn’t want to sound like some conspiracy theorist. You worded this well, and I strongly believe this is true. It’s in the Big East’s best interest to cement a 1- 2 seed in the tourney.

Reaction Score
The refs were pretty bad yesterday, but college refs in general are pretty bad. And their incompetence is exacerbated by how bad college basketball rules are. I don’t think yesterday was particularly egregious, though, although the bar for college refs is pretty low.

Hurley’s defensive style seems to lend itself to committing more fouls - particularly with the freedom of movement rules - but it’s also very effective. It would be nice if other teams weren’t in the bonus for 10 minutes every half, but right now the team’s defensive stats speak for themselves.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have been thinking these exact thoughts since the game ended yesterday but I didn’t want to sound like some conspiracy theorist. You worded this well, and I strongly believe this is true. It’s in the Big East’s best interest to cement a 1- 2 seed in the tourney.

I don’t think they are favoring Nova, so much as favoring Nova’s style of play. These modern Villanova teams would get mauled in the old Big East, which favored a different, very physical style. Yet Creighton is now playing a similar style to Nova, and Hurley clearly wants to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom