Hate feeling like a Utah State fan... | The Boneyard

Hate feeling like a Utah State fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When the Mountain West was expanding & issued an invitation to U-State, their administration held back out of loyalty to their WAC brethren. The Mountain West then grabbed Boise & Fresno. U-State was then caught on the outside looking in. Parallel: We've been told in the past that the barrier to the Big East schism was that certain football schools felt a fealty to the basketball schools (read Syracuse & Uconn) while others (WVU, Pitt, Rutgers) wanted football expansion that made sense. It was all a subterfuge on the part of Syracuse. Now, UConn is on that same ledge with U-State, looking through the window of the candy store.
This realignment situation is fluid. A resolution needs to be made a.s.a.p. President Herbst can't allow UConn to end up as one of the have nots.

Reaction Score
As much as we are annoiting Pres Herbst as this aggressive savior, it is all moot if the ACC or Big10 does not want UConn. We can speculate and list the pros and cons and she make a million phone calls.
I'm becoming numb to this now, and realize that it is pretty black and white, either the ACC invites us or the Big 10 invites us. My call 60% ACC, 0% Big 10.

Now bring on the next rumor.

Reaction Score
after reading the thread title, I thought CoachCap was having second thoughts about polygamy and reconsidering.

Reaction Score
I think we do have a shot at the Big 10. I honestly think if the ACC waits too long to invite us that is exactly where we will end up with Notre Dame and Rutgers. This would effectively stymie the ACC's plans of taking over New York/New England by getting the two major state schools in the region along with the most popular school in the market in Notre Dame. It would allow us to be part of the Eastern Football contingent of the Big 10 along with Penn St. and Rutgers and I think Penn St. and Notre Dame would be supportive of it.

Much depends on how Notre Dame is feeling and wether they are ready to take the plunge with a conference and want to spite the ACC/Pitt/Cuse. There is very little chance we get stuck in the Marrinatto-Beebe All Star league in my opinion. I definitely hope not at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom