Hatchell gets 2 year extension at UNC... | The Boneyard

Hatchell gets 2 year extension at UNC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UNC gives 2 year extension to HOF coach Hatchell

Love her or hate her, or like me somewhere in the middle, they gave her an extension. Honestly, I think the corruption mainly lies with the men's team, as I think it's a sleeze-fest over there, but I don't know enough about the women's program to know if I think Hatchell is corrupt or not. I genuinely do like her, and anyone that battles back from leukemia deserves a tip of the cap at least...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hatchell's bravery and tenacity in fighting leukemia has to be compartmentalized beside the issues that happened at UNC. From all reports it sure seemed she was knee deep in that scandal. The optics from this viewpoint looks like she got an undeserved lookaway pass.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If this was Men's Basketball, Sylvia or any other coach would not have received an extension. If not fired, she would have been given another position in the Athletic Complex. Like so many other schools WBB is held to a lower standard then Men's BB or Football.

Reaction Score
If this was Men's Basketball, Sylvia or any other coach would not have received an extension. If not fired, she would have been given another position in the Athletic Complex. Like so many other schools WBB is held to a lower standard then Men's BB or Football.

Roy Williams got an extension in 2015 to coach until 2020.

Reaction Score

Huh?
Quite the opposite I'd say.

Reaction Score
Huh?
Quite the opposite I'd say.
This is why I LOVE this Boneyard!! We've got thinkers and we've got honest disagreements. Keep it up, please!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uh if it was UNC men's basketball or football, somebody else would have made the fall guy. I think that has been made abundently clear.

It bugs me that Sylvia, apparently, was the mastermind of decades long scheme of academic fraud. Anyone think the WBB coach at UNC has that power? I glad they gave her the extension, but their treatment of the academic scandal is reprehensible.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
They must have extended her to avoid a discrimination lawsuit of 10-20 mm dollars.

Reaction Score
From what I saw, which is not 100% thoroughly, it appears that UNC was trying hard to offload blame onto its WBB programs to save its revenue sports..... UNC has a history of academic coasting.... remember when Vince Carter said he never had to show up academically, and another prominent athlete (may have also been Carter) threatened to sue them for fraud....

But if you are NCAA let's go after UConn for academics.... and steer clear of Chapel Hill....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, over half of her players were taking the "ghost classes".

Reaction Score
Good for her. Tough lady who seems to face and take on what ever adversity comes her way. Congratulations coach.

Reaction Score

Love her or hate her, or like me somewhere in the middle, they gave her an extension. Honestly, I think the corruption mainly lies with the men's team, as I think it's a sleeze-fest over there, but I don't know enough about the women's program to know if I think Hatchell is corrupt or not. I genuinely do like her, and anyone that battles back from leukemia deserves a tip of the cap at least...

The articles linked from the Boneyard --made me believe it was Women and Men's teams, including WBB, that were (for lack of a better word) corrupt.

Reaction Score
The articles linked from the Boneyard --made me believe it was Women and Men's teams, including WBB, that were (for lack of a better word) corrupt.
I read Mary Willinghams's book, which seemed very credible. She primarily implicated men's BB and football, going clear back to Dean Smith and Butch Davis (and later Mack Brown before he went to Texas). WBB was apparently corrupt too, but clearly they were not the orchestrators of the scheme - just beneficiaries after it was already in place.

Reaction Score
I read Mary Willinghams's book, which seemed very credible. She primarily implicated men's BB and football, going clear back to Dean Smith and Butch Davis (and later Mack Brown before he went to Texas). WBB was apparently corrupt too, but clearly they were not the orchestrators of the scheme - just beneficiaries after it was already in place.
Thanks--I guess it matters little to the NCAA or anyone else--the real problems with the NC issue is: 1. It took much too long to take steps to present any level of punishment 2. The punish (minimally) NC. So why doesn't every school cheat--but make sure it systemic -the NCAA can't think above some minor violation.
Thanks again...

Reaction Score

Womans team were all over the academic cheating as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22