Hassan Diarra and DeMarr Langford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra and DeMarr Langford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You keep saying this over and over again, but my PSA buddies have insisted that he is going to play next season and the year after. So I’m not sure if you’re just making this up or guessing, but it is not fact.

This is @superjohn being superjohn. Stating his opinions as facts and then being wrong ( quite often). For example, Diarra never playing again and his opinion (but stated as fact) that we will have several transfers.

Like I have said before, he was a solid poster before, but he is going down a downward spiral. He has opinions/guesses he states as facts (I don’t know why Bc I guess he wants to come off as an insider). Now that it’s becoming very apparent he doesn’t know what he is talking, instead of saying “I was wrong”, he is starting to second guess and blame the coaches. So weird.

Reaction Score
Seven? At least seven? Are you drunk?
There is a reason Hurley is the coach and not you.
There has really been something in the boneyard water lately. My god.
There are only four guys, excluding the incoming recruits, that I consider high major players. I can name them if you want. There are many reasons why Hurley is the coach and I am not but I am confident he feels the same way.

Reaction Score
There are only four guys, excluding the incoming recruits, that I consider high major players. I can name them if you want. There are many reasons why Hurley is the coach and I am not but I am confident he feels the same way.
I think there's 5, but you're not too far off

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So let's do some math here-
In theory, there are 8 people returning from last year's team-BA, CV, AG, SW, Tyler Phommachanh, IW, MD, JC. And you want to kick off 7. At least 7, you said. You consider 4 of them to be high major players, so therefore you want to kick off 3 high major players.

So once we tell 7 players to take a hike, we just, what, instantly get 7 better players to replace them? In April?
Come on man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In theory, there are 8 people returning from last year's team-BA, CV, AG, SW, Tyler Phommachanh, IW, MD, JC. And you want to kick off 7. At, least 7, you said. You consider 4 of them to be high major players, so therefore you want to kick off 3 high major players.

So once we tell 7 players to take a hike, we just, what, instantly get 7 better players to replace them? In April?
Come on man.
Yeah, 7 grad transfers that the BY loves so much. What don’t you get....(sarcasm)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So 31 posts into your BY career, you have identified “Chief syndrome” and accused Chief of pretending to be an ”insider”. A label Chief has turned down numerous times. I have also explained to well meaning casual fans like yourself, that’s a characterization Chief has never sought or claimed. Chief talks to and gets to know people naturally, be they whom you might consider to be “insiders”’or “outsiders” in your World. These are not categories that Chief views the World through or uses, so I really have nothing further to add.
1555169644498.png

Reaction Score
In theory, there are 8 people returning from last year's team-BA, CV, AG, SW, Tyler Phommachanh, IW, MD, JC. And you want to kick off 7. At least 7, you said. You consider 4 of them to be high major players, so therefore you want to kick off 3 high major players.

Come on man.

Jeez, its become abundantly clear that you can't grasp hyperbole. So first, look the word up to understand that I really didn't mean the number 7. I was being hyperbolic. However, I do stand by my assertion that only AG, CV, SW, and JC would be on most top 25 rosters. Again, I wouldn't literally kick 7 guys off the team but I used the number 7 to emphasize the urgency that we need to upgrade this roster at almost every position.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mamadou, at least publicly, has patellofemoral pain syndrome. It is like the irritable bowel syndrome of the musculoskeletal system- it is diagnosed clinically, there is no imaging or lab tests to confirm it. It is not a degenerative issue, but it is a chronic issue, and is usually triggered by high volume running/jumping. It's one of those things that in regular life would be a nuisance but in high level basketball is incapacitating.

He also tore his meniscus last summer. Had surgery.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Jeez, its become abundantly clear that you can't grasp hyperbole. So first, look the word up to understand that I really didn't mean the number 7. I was being hyperbolic. However, I do stand by my assertion that only AG, CV, SW, and JC would be on most top 25 rosters. Again, I wouldn't literally kick 7 guys off the team but I used the number 7 to emphasize the urgency that we need to upgrade this roster at almost every position.
You could have said you exaggerated, and didn't actually mean what you posted. Instead you further defended it with an irrelevant point, and didn't say it was hyperbolic.

I think you should Google "straw man".

I agree we need to upgrade talent. Kicking the majority of our roster off the team in April is not the way to accomplish that.

Reaction Score
So 31 posts into your BY career, you have identified “Chief syndrome” and accused Chief of pretending to be an ”insider”. A label Chief has turned down numerous times. I have also explained to well meaning casual fans like yourself, that’s a characterization Chief has never sought or claimed. Chief talks to and gets to know people naturally, be they whom you might consider to be “insiders”’or “outsiders” in your World. These are not categories that Chief views the World through or uses, so I really have nothing further to add.

Chief, don't let the casual fans get you down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is @superjohn being superjohn. Stating his opinions as facts and then being wrong ( quite often). For example, Diarra never playing again and his opinion (but stated as fact) that we will have several transfers.

Like I have said before, he was a solid poster before, but he is going down a downward spiral. He has opinions/guesses he states as facts (I don’t know why Bc I guess he wants to come off as an insider). Now that it’s becoming very apparent he doesn’t know what he is talking, instead of saying “I was wrong”, he is starting to second guess and blame the coaches. So weird.
Hurley was expecting to free up a couple scholarships. They're still working on a solution for one of them, he wasn't expecting the other kid to not care about not being a part of the plans.

You've been humping my leg a lot lately. I'm flattered but you probably shouldn't be calling people out when you don't even know how college bball works...
A scholarship is not a year to year commitment, and Hurley did recruit the players because when he got hired the first thing he did was reach out and meet all the players and told them he wanted them all to stay.

He made a commitment to them. It’s clear from Hurley’s past that pushing players out is not his style.

You are just itching for transfers because for the past few months you have been stating that there will be several transfers, and to date there has been none.

You really just need to shut up about transfers for a while,
You're wrong, scholarships are on a year to year basis.

I'm itching for us to be good again. Players taking up scholarships to be cheerleaders doesn't make us good, it hurts us terribly. Hurley knows that and wants to upgrade the talent.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Back to Hassan...

The whole team seems to be interacting with him. Agreed with above, could be our first recruit for 2020.
Just curious... What do you mean by interacting with? IG?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Kids get forced out even at UConn. Maybe it isn’t Hurley’s style but Lubin was 100% cool with staying at UConn and KO wasn’t having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom