Hasheem to Taiwan | The Boneyard

Hasheem to Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here are a few more former Huskies currently playing in pro leagues not named the NBA:

- Jalen Adams: signed a contract in June 2020 with Marseilles based club Champagne Chalon-Reims which plays in the Jeep Elite ProA, the top-tier pro basketball league in France.
- Terry Larrier: signed a contract in Aug. 2020 with the Norrköping Dolphins of the Basketligan, the top-tier pro league in Sweden.
- Shonn Miller: in Sept. 2020 signed a contract with Baja California-based Club Soles de Mexicali of the National Professional Basketball League, one of the best basketball leagues in Latin America. Before that he played with UD Oliveirense of the Portuguese Basketball League.
- Daniel Hamilton: in July 2020 signed a contract with Frutti Extra Bursapor of the Turkish Super League, the top-tier pro division of the Turkish basketball league system. He previously played for the Mets de Guaynabo of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional in Puerto Rico.
- Christian Foxen: in 2019 signed a contract with Portuguese club Esgueira of the Portuguese Basketball League, the top professional club basketball league in Portugal. He recently turned down an offer from a Lithuanian club deciding to remain with his current team.
- Rodney Purvis: signed a contract in Aug 2020 with Bergamo Basket of the Serie B, the third-tier level pro basketball league in Italy.
- Kentan Facey: in 2019 signed a contract with BC Souffelweyersheim of the LNB Pro B, the second-tier division of the top pro basketball league (Jeep ELITE ProA) in France. The contract is scheduled to end after this season.
- Niels Giffey: Since July 2014 he has played for prominent German pro basketball club and defending league champions Alba Berlin of the Basketball Bundesliga, the top level of pro club basketball in Germany. The contract extension he signed with Alba in July 2019 ends in 2022.
- Omar Calhoun: in Feb. 2020 signed a contract with Atomeromu SE of the NB I/A, the highest level of pro club basketball in Hungary. Before moving on to Hungary he played for BM Slam Stal Ostrow in Poland and Kataja Basket in Finland.
- Ryan Boatright: in Jan 2020 signed with Saratov-based Russian basketball club BC Avtodor of the VTB United League, the top tier of Russian pro club basketball. He previously played for Slovenian club Cedevita Olimpija of the Adriatic First Division (until July 2019) and Unicaja of the Liga ACB in Spain (until Jan 2019).
- Deandre Daniels: currently plays with KTP Basket of the Korisliiga, the top-tier basketball league in Finland. He’s been with them since 2019.
- Enosch Wolf: Most recently played with the Tuebingen Tigers of the German Pro A, the second-tier pro club basketball league (below the BBL) in Germany. His contract with Tuebingen Tigers ended this year.
- Lasan Kromah: signed a contract in Aug 2020 with Cholet Basket of the Jeep ELITE ProA. the top-tier pro league in France. Last year, he played in Greece with Kolossos H of the Greek A1 league.
- Jerome Dyson: in Feb 2020 signed a contract with Lavoropiu Fortitudo Bologna which plays in the Lega Basket Serie A, the top-tier professional basketball league in Italy.
- Jeff Adrien: in Feb 2020 signed a contract with Al-Ittihad Jeddah of the Saudi Premier League. In 2019 he played for Ironi Nahariya of the Israeli Basketball Premier League.
- Gavin Edwards: plays with the Chiba Jets Funabashi which competes in the B.League, one of the top pro basketball leagues in Japan.
- Ater Majok: in Aug. 2020 signed a contract with Al-Arabi of the Qatari Basketball League. In 2019 he played for the New Zealand Breakers of the NBL. He started the 2020 season with US Monastir of the Basketball Africa League, a joint effort of the NBA and FIBA.
- Sam Cassell Jr: currently plays for the Manchester Giants of the British Basketball League, the top-tier pro basketball league in Great Britain.
- Josh Boone: in Aug. 2020 signed a contract with Al-Riffa of the Bahraini Premier League, the top (likely only) pro basketball league in Bahrain. For the 2019-2020 season he played for the Illawarra Hawks of the NBL in Australia.
- Emeka Okafor: in Nov. 2019 signed with Ulsan Hyundai Mobis Phoebus of the Korean Basketball League; he’s still on their roster.
- Hilton Armstrong: currently a free agent. From 2019-2020 played with the Nagoya Diamond Dolphins of the B1 League in Japan. He previously played with the Chiba Jets (B1 League) from 2016-2018 and was a teammate of Jeff Adrien with Bnei Herzliya in Israel from 2018-2019.
- Doug Wiggins: Most recently played with PP TV Raj Zilina of the Slovakian Extraliga during the 2019-2020 season.
- Kwintin Williams: in early 2020 signed with the Albany Patroons of The Basketball League. They previously competed in the CBA. (Yes, he has completed an in-game dunk)
- Sterling Gibbs: in Sept. 2020 ended his contract with KK Koper Pimorska of Premier A Slovenian Basketball League. He is currently a free agent but now having fully recovered from a serious bout with covid-19 is looking for a team and league to join.
- Marcus Williams: most recently played for the LA Cheaters of the DREW League. For the 2018-2019 season he played for the Stockton Kings of the G-League until he was suspended for five games for violating the terms of the league’s anti-drug program.
- Amida Brimah: currently an unrestricted free agent. In Sept 2019 he signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Indiana Pacers but was waived in Oct. 2019. Was with the Austin Spurs of the G-League for the 2018-2019 season.

Reaction Score
despite being the lower pick, i think Marcus Williams is a more disappointing bust

Thabeet is literally the bigger bust. In fact outside of Len Bias (very sad, summer of 86 if I recall correctly) he may be the draft pick that yielded the least ever given his draft position. Sad but true. Obviously the powers that be in the league don't see him as more than a 7 ft 3 stiff since he hasn't played an NBA game in 6 years. at 7 ft 3 with good defensive instincts he should find a way to make a roster.

I see your point on Marcus Williams though. In terms of the most talent that was squandered, anyway. That kid had something like 16 assists in one of his first college games and I was at the game at the Civic center and I was amazed with his court vision and passing.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Thabeet is literally the bigger bust. In fact outside of Len Bias (very sad, summer of 86 if I recall correctly) he may be the draft pick that yielded the least ever given his draft position. Sad but true. Obviously the powers that be in the league don't see him as more than a 7 ft 3 stiff since he hasn't played an NBA game in 6 years. at 7 ft 3 with good defensive instincts he should find a way to make a roster.

I see your point on Marcus Williams though. In terms of the most talent that was squandered, anyway. That kid had something like 16 assists in one of his first college games and I was at the game at the Civic center and I was amazed with his court vision and passing.

Ah, no. There are a lot of busts near or at the top of the draft. Remember Anthony Bennett? He was picked first in 2013. Darko Milicic was also a huge bust. Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi. He's in league with these dudes, but he's not the headliner.

Reaction Score
Ah, no. There are a lot of busts near or at the top of the draft. Remember Anthony Bennett? He was picked first in 2013. Darko Milicic was also a huge bust. Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi. He's in league with these dudes, but he's not the headliner.
BS. Guys like Darco Milicic and Kwame Brown put up huge numbers compared to him. Thabeet's productivity of 2.2 ppg and 2.6 rpg as the number two pick is abysmal compared to them. You may not see it because you're a Homer but he truly is the biggest bust in NBA history from a draft position standpoint.

I'm not saying the other guys were very good but their productivity was considerably better than Thabeet's. If you want to use Darko Milicic as an example, he averaged 8.8 points one season and over 6 rebounds another season. Thebeet's career highs were 3.1 and 3.6 respectively. The analysis would be very similar with kwame Brown and the others. For example Kwame Brown averaged 10.9 points and 7.4 rebounds in his best season. That is light years better than Thabeets 3 and 3.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shame on Thatbeet for being such a horrendous NBA player. When he realized he screwed it all up it was too late.
Correct. I will catch serious incoming after this comment. I recall when he played you couldn't say a word about him without catching serious flak. Honestly I never really took to the kid. I thought his arrogant and smug attitude was too much for my liking. Many times his hustle was suspect. Calhoun is the best college coach ever in my opinion. However I could not understand why he took him as a project. When Thabeet got drafted, I couldn't believe it. Your last line says it all. "When he realized he screwed up it was too late".

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Here are a few more former Huskies currently playing in pro leagues not named the NBA:

- Jalen Adams: signed a contract in June 2020 with Marseilles based club Champagne Chalon-Reims which plays in the Jeep Elite ProA, the top-tier pro basketball league in France.
- Terry Larrier: signed a contract in Aug. 2020 with the Norrköping Dolphins of the Basketligan, the top-tier pro league in Sweden.
- Shonn Miller: in Sept. 2020 signed a contract with Baja California-based Club Soles de Mexicali of the National Professional Basketball League, one of the best basketball leagues in Latin America. Before that he played with UD Oliveirense of the Portuguese Basketball League.
- Daniel Hamilton: in July 2020 signed a contract with Frutti Extra Bursapor of the Turkish Super League, the top-tier pro division of the Turkish basketball league system. He previously played for the Mets de Guaynabo of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional in Puerto Rico.
- Christian Foxen: in 2019 signed a contract with Portuguese club Esgueira of the Portuguese Basketball League, the top professional club basketball league in Portugal. He recently turned down an offer from a Lithuanian club deciding to remain with his current team.
- Rodney Purvis: signed a contract in Aug 2020 with Bergamo Basket of the Serie B, the third-tier level pro basketball league in Italy.
- Kentan Facey: in 2019 signed a contract with BC Souffelweyersheim of the LNB Pro B, the second-tier division of the top pro basketball league (Jeep ELITE ProA) in France. The contract is scheduled to end after this season.
- Niels Giffey: Since July 2014 he has played for prominent German pro basketball club and defending league champions Alba Berlin of the Basketball Bundesliga, the top level of pro club basketball in Germany. The contract extension he signed with Alba in July 2019 ends in 2022.
- Omar Calhoun: in Feb. 2020 signed a contract with Atomeromu SE of the NB I/A, the highest level of pro club basketball in Hungary. Before moving on to Hungary he played for BM Slam Stal Ostrow in Poland and Kataja Basket in Finland.
- Ryan Boatright: in Jan 2020 signed with Saratov-based Russian basketball club BC Avtodor of the VTB United League, the top tier of Russian pro club basketball. He previously played for Slovenian club Cedevita Olimpija of the Adriatic First Division (until July 2019) and Unicaja of the Liga ACB in Spain (until Jan 2019).
- Deandre Daniels: currently plays with KTP Basket of the Korisliiga, the top-tier basketball league in Finland. He’s been with them since 2019.
- Enosch Wolf: Most recently played with the Tuebingen Tigers of the German Pro A, the second-tier pro club basketball league (below the BBL) in Germany. His contract with Tuebingen Tigers ended this year.
- Lasan Kromah: signed a contract in Aug 2020 with Cholet Basket of the Jeep ELITE ProA. the top-tier pro league in France. Last year, he played in Greece with Kolossos H of the Greek A1 league.
- Jerome Dyson: in Feb 2020 signed a contract with Lavoropiu Fortitudo Bologna which plays in the Lega Basket Serie A, the top-tier professional basketball league in Italy.
- Jeff Adrien: in Feb 2020 signed a contract with Al-Ittihad Jeddah of the Saudi Premier League. In 2019 he played for Ironi Nahariya of the Israeli Basketball Premier League.
- Gavin Edwards: plays with the Chiba Jets Funabashi which competes in the B.League, one of the top pro basketball leagues in Japan.
- Ater Majok: in Aug. 2020 signed a contract with Al-Arabi of the Qatari Basketball League. In 2019 he played for the New Zealand Breakers of the NBL. He started the 2020 season with US Monastir of the Basketball Africa League, a joint effort of the NBA and FIBA.
- Sam Cassell Jr: currently plays for the Manchester Giants of the British Basketball League, the top-tier pro basketball league in Great Britain.
- Josh Boone: in Aug. 2020 signed a contract with Al-Riffa of the Bahraini Premier League, the top (likely only) pro basketball league in Bahrain. For the 2019-2020 season he played for the Illawarra Hawks of the NBL in Australia.
- Emeka Okafor: in Nov. 2019 signed with Ulsan Hyundai Mobis Phoebus of the Korean Basketball League; he’s still on their roster.
- Hilton Armstrong: currently a free agent. From 2019-2020 played with the Nagoya Diamond Dolphins of the B1 League in Japan. He previously played with the Chiba Jets (B1 League) from 2016-2018 and was a teammate of Jeff Adrien with Bnei Herzliya in Israel from 2018-2019.
- Doug Wiggins: Most recently played with PP TV Raj Zilina of the Slovakian Extraliga during the 2019-2020 season.
- Kwintin Williams: in early 2020 signed with the Albany Patroons of The Basketball League. They previously competed in the CBA. (Yes, he has completed an in-game dunk)
- Sterling Gibbs: in Sept. 2020 ended his contract with KK Koper Pimorska of Premier A Slovenian Basketball League. He is currently a free agent but now having fully recovered from a serious bout with covid-19 is looking for a team and league to join.
- Marcus Williams: most recently played for the LA Cheaters of the DREW League. For the 2018-2019 season he played for the Stockton Kings of the G-League until he was suspended for five games for violating the terms of the league’s anti-drug program.
- Amida Brimah: currently an unrestricted free agent. In Sept 2019 he signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Indiana Pacers but was waived in Oct. 2019. Was with the Austin Spurs of the G-League for the 2018-2019 season.
Excellant info, thank you.

Reaction Score
Correct. I will catch serious incoming after this comment. I recall when he played you couldn't say a word about him without catching serious flak. Honestly I never really took to the kid. I thought his arrogant and smug attitude was too much for my liking. Many times his hustle was suspect. Calhoun is the best college coach ever in my opinion. However I could not understand why he took him as a project. When Thabeet got drafted, I couldn't believe it. Your last line says it all. "When he realized he screwed up it was too late".

I remember a game during his rookie season (Grizzlies vs. Kings) and you could hear Rudy Gay yelling at Hash to keep his hands up on defense.

There was also an article by Bill Simmons while he was at ESPN examining some tweets between Kevin Durant and Hash. Both #2 picks and Durant was posting workouts talking about the gym while Hash was going to the beach.

Reaction Score

That took a minute to put together thank you for all that. Best breakdown ever :)

Reaction Score
Ah, no. There are a lot of busts near or at the top of the draft. Remember Anthony Bennett? He was picked first in 2013.
One saving grace with Bennett is that the top-9 of the 2013 draft is historically bad. After Bennett the picks were:

2) Oladipo
3) Porter
4) Zeller
5) Len
6) Noel
7) McLemore
8) KCP
9) Burke

Obviously, Oladipo is a very good player, but the rest of that is so meh.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
One saving grace with Bennett is that the top-9 of the 2013 draft is historically bad. After Bennett the picks were:

2) Oladipo
3) Porter
4) Zeller
5) Len
6) Noel
7) McLemore
8) KCP
9) Burke

Two best players were taken outside the lottery. Porter and Dipo are almost dead event in vorp. Mostly due to porters injuries.

Reaction Score
It is also a shame the DeAndre and Hamilton left early. Each was not ready for the next level and could have contributed greatly to the Huskies and gone higher in subsequent drafts if they stayed longer and been more experienced. They received some bad advice....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It is also a shame the DeAndre and Hamilton left early. Each was not ready for the next level and could have contributed greatly to the Huskies and gone higher in subsequent drafts if they stayed longer and been more experienced. They received some bad advice....
Who gave them that bad advice?
It wasn't KO - in both cases he was adamant that they should stay another year
And yes it is a shame they left early
DHam was not coming back no matter what - the kid hated college

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

2) Oladipo
3) Porter
4) Zeller
5) Len
6) Noel
7) McLemore
8) KCP
9) Burke

Smart would’ve gone top 3 here if he came out after his freshman year.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I'm in agreement relative to the lack of hustle particularly in light of reputedly possessing outstanding stamina. I don't blame Coach Calhoun at all for bringing in Thabeet. Calhoun had to have been overwhelmed by the measures and the potential.

I was often frustrated when Coach would allow for him to coast. I could be wrong, but his leash was among the longest during Coach Calhoun's tenure. That would drive me crazy. My thought was everyone needs a kick in the arse, including if you're 7'3".

Reaction Score
Im surprised to see the name After Majok on the list. We had a lot of people come through the program over the years, but After Majok's time here is probably one of the most bizarre even though it was so short. He had a good amount of hype coming in (looked great playing vs the chair), didn't live up to it, only actually played for half a season, and ended up getting drafted by the Lakers as one of the last picks in the draft.

Reaction Score
In his 3 years the kid was an All-Big East Rookie, 2x Big East DPoY, 2nd team All-Big East, 1st team All-Big East, Big East PoY, 2nd Team All-American, & National DPoY and we still have some morons in here like “i DoN’t UnDeRsTaNd WhY CaLhOuN tOoK hIm”

Just wow. Real smooth brain take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul