Hasheem Thabeet expected to play in China | The Boneyard

Hasheem Thabeet expected to play in China

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same. After what just happened in Russia I wouldn't go to play in China. Has to be many more places you can play. Why take any risks playing in China?
As long as he doesn't criticize the CP he's probably fine. I'm pretty sure that every basketball player on the planet is aware of the Griner incident. Unlikely Thabeet would ignore the lesson.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same. After what just happened in Russia I wouldn't go to play in China. Has to be many more places you can play. Why take any risks playing in China?
Agreed, especially for a guy associated with the US. "West Taiwan" is just not worth further heightened political risks, tightening expat controls, and ongoing domestic politics-motivated quarantines set to last at least until October's CCP pow wow. Jilin, frigid crap hole much closer to Vladivostok and the DPRK than Beijing or other sort of OK mainland cities. Fujian, massive PLA presence. NFW!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed, especially for a guy associated with the US. "West Taiwan" is just not worth further heightened political risks, tightening expat controls, and ongoing domestic politics-motivated quarantines set to last at least until October's CCP pow wow. Jilin, frigid crap hole much closer to Vladivostok and the DPRK than Beijing or other sort of OK mainland cities. Fujian, massive PLA presence. NFW!
For you to say this it brings things home. It's a place I would not even visit. Just too much risk for an American and there are many better options.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco