Hasheem ejected from D League game. | The Boneyard

Hasheem ejected from D League game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To think the Grizzlies took Thabeet over Stephen Curry and James Harden is crazy...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A lousy pro, but gave us a great Final year. Was fun watching him dominate Curly from BC. Thabeet gave us more than Drummond, who was awful his one year.

i wouldnt say that the team dynamics really set him up to be successful his first year. It was shabazz's first year trying to be a leader, and i dont think the team really got on board. Think there were a lot of other chemistry problems and guys trying to play to get into the NBA instead of playing team basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Any variation on "Drummond was awful" means cue the ignore button. How many times can we have the same debate here?

In the grand scheme of things, this one's relatively new. You can quickly get a five page thread by titling a post 'Jerome dyson'. Or even 'taliek'.

Reaction Score
A lousy pro, but gave us a great Final year. Was fun watching him dominate Curly from BC. Thabeet gave us more than Drummond, who was awful his one year.
Awful? Huh what AD were you watching? He would totally dominate a freshman HT. Matter of fact he might even dominate a JR HT. He didn't have a defined post game but he was super athletic and could take it to the hoop like no other big man we had. Unfortunately for him he was on a very talented but dysfunctional team. AD was a good player his first year and would have turned into a great player if he stayed a couple more years. I think you need to stop the hate on a great ambassador for UCONN basketball. Yes, it would have been nice he could have stayed more than 1 year but as witnessed by his NBA success he mad the right choice going after his freshman year especially since we got banned the following year for post season play.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not sure which statement is more incorrect.. That Drummond was awful or Thabeet dominated Curly who played at least 5 years before Thabeet.

LMAO

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Awful? Huh what AD were you watching? He would totally dominate a freshman HT. Matter of fact he might even dominate a JR HT.

Come on. HT was the national DPOY as a Junior. 2nd Team AA. No chance freshman Drummond dominates him.

Reaction Score
And the pendulum swings back too far in the other direction.
Why not HT was a good college player when playing in space but if he had to play man to man defense he was a little slow. I could see AD going by him over and over for a dunk. As we saw in the NBA HT was an awful on man on man defense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Why not HT was a good college player when playing in space but if he had to play man to man defense he was a little slow. I could see AD going by him over and over for a dunk. As we saw in the NBA HT was an awful on man on man defense.

NBA ≠ college. And NBA Drummond ≠ college Drummond.

HT was closer to a great college center than he was to a good college center.

Reaction Score
NBA ≠ college. And NBA Drummond ≠ college Drummond.

HT was closer to a great college center than he was to a good college center.
Again I'm talking man to man. I could see HT deficiencies being shown(lack of foot quickness) against AD one on one. That is all I'm talking about. Not how they performed in a team game with different teammates.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Again I'm talking man to man. I could see HT deficiencies being shown(lack of foot quickness) against AD one on one. That is all I'm talking about. Not how they performed in a team game with different teammates.

I watched a bunch of games from 2009 and was surprised how well Hasheem was playing (memory being a funny thing). He moved laterally pretty darn well, probably better than Amida (although certainly not like AD). It would be interesting to see HT vs. AD. Hasheem had very good natural timing when blocking shots and his size stopped a lot of attempts from happening. He was also very strong and was not easily moved. Again, not as powerful as AD, but a physical specimen nonetheless. Andre might have some trouble shooting over him if the shot is further than a dunk.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Any public website comment section is to be avoided at all costs. Unless you have a clamoring for feeling awful about our species ...
It isn't any better face to face!:(

Reaction Score

This isn't going to work out for you. Give up and move on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Any variation on "Drummond was awful" means cue the ignore button. How many times can we have the same debate here?

It's not really a debate, unless debating whether the earth is round is also a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom