Has the Team Lost You? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has the Team Lost You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ten posts in and nobody's mentioned Friday Rush hour traffic? You guys are slipping!
There's no rush hour at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Reaction Score
200w.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My only bitch is that it's going to be 30 degrees colder tomorrow than it is today. I feel the cold more when the team is losing.

Reaction Score
Stopped going to games after SU. Still watch at home or DVR it and watch (or not) later. Will go to Tulane as it is the last game until next year. Will return to the Rent next year and see how it goes, but I won't be buying season tickets again until the product is at least somewhat entertaining.

Reaction Score
We will be there, hoping for a competitive game. If the team gets roasted I am not sure I will be able to stay till the end. The events of game day, the tailgating, being part of the 12th man are what brings us out. I don't care about the weather as I dress for it. Seeing us look clueless is getting old. I try and stay for the players. That being said if we play well we can win. I hope the team feels that way. Go Huskies!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Full contingent of 8. Work in Hartford, SUV is already loaded. Go to work, Rush home tad early on 91 at 3:30, change , and then meet on Berlin tpke to caravan in. still love it. Imagine if we had a top 20 team? Damn.
Looking forward to see our newly promoted OC show us what he's got.

Reaction Score
We'll be there. Don't know how long we'll stay but we will go for some of it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'll have it on.... 9 am Saturday morning is about as easy as it gets for me. Can't not watch but it's turned into a gawking at a car crash expecting something awful experience as opposed to a hoping I'll see something really cool experience.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Some tiny voice in my head is whispering about a perfect WTF-Win set-up, but I'm not paying any attention.

Reaction Score
We'll be there. Don't know how long we'll stay but we will go for some of it.
Curious what changed your mind?
I am out Friday night. Tix will go into the rubbish. Do not see any redeeming value in freezing my butt off to watch the sorry mess. On the other hand, if it is tied at the half ... I might just jump in the car and go in.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Damn, Medic. Nothing gets by you.
LOL.
I foresee 2 TDs by TEs tomorrow.
New day.

Reaction Score
Not lost but nothing compelling for me right now to get off the couch, leave my big screen TV and drive 45 min to the game.

For me it comes down to tragectory. We were slowly moving in the right direction last year. I couldn't get anyone to go with me to the Houston game but I didn't want to miss it. I wasn't disappointed. We were moving in the right direction.

Right now I feel like we are stuck. Stuck in conf realignment mire. Stuck with an offense that just doesn't seem to do much well. Stuck with a defense that inexplicably is bending way too much.

I am a fan. Not a coach. I never played the game so why do I feel like I understand the play calling and coverages better than the paid staff. That should never be.

I'll watch the remaining games on tv. If I feel the tragectory change with a new OC I will go to the Tulane game but I don't think there is a magic fix right now.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Diaco lost me 2 years ago. But as long as the helmet has a Husky, football C or or a UC on it, I will be there if no conflicts. I have no conflicts so I plan on watching our first play being a bomb like Danny O dropped on TEMPLE years ago.

Reaction Score
I feel little to no interest in going to the game Friday night. It's on an accessible TV network and I expect a rough game. My plan is to watch on TV and then drive to the Rent (I'm only 10 mins away) if the game is competitive at the half. I never really thought I'd have such apathy towards these games. At the beginning of the season I was really looking forward to the Temple game--figured we'd be close to bowl eligibility and would get a great and rowdy Friday evening crowd. I think it's obvious that this won't be the case--attendance will probably be at 20k. Will you be there? I sense that this program is even losing the interest of the BY crowd which is a real testament to its ineptitude.

I don't have any interest right now and I've gone to all the home games except for one this year. I'm good for about 4 home games per year and pretty much lost all hope in this coaching staff and team.

Reaction Score
They did lose me last week, but tonight, when I hear the marching band play Battle Hymn of the Republic, I'll get a little verklempt and they'll have me again.

Reaction Score
I'll be there, but I haven't read a single article about the game or the opponent -- basically haven't paid attention all week. That's what apathy looks like for me.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Never lost and I was gonna go buuuuuuuut FedEx just dropped off our new 55" idiot box this afternoon, and my wife's birthday was this week so one of her gifts was new 5.1 surround sound system which all need to be set up. So getting my gadget geek on, combined with chilly weather means I'll be watching UHD surround-sound glory (assuming I get it all working by 7), so it'll be almost as painful as actually being there!

Reaction Score
Just when I think I'm out they drag me back in. My dad and I will be there. I must be mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom