Has the Team Lost You? | The Boneyard

Has the Team Lost You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I feel little to no interest in going to the game Friday night. It's on an accessible TV network and I expect a rough game. My plan is to watch on TV and then drive to the Rent (I'm only 10 mins away) if the game is competitive at the half. I never really thought I'd have such apathy towards these games. At the beginning of the season I was really looking forward to the Temple game--figured we'd be close to bowl eligibility and would get a great and rowdy Friday evening crowd. I think it's obvious that this won't be the case--attendance will probably be at 20k. Will you be there? I sense that this program is even losing the interest of the BY crowd which is a real testament to its ineptitude.

Reaction Score
They haven't lost me...that would have happened a long time ago when P was still here. I'm not going because of a personal commitment that I have mentioned in another post. Did I make a change of plans after the ECU game....yes....but in hindsight I should have gone to the event I am attending Friday no matter what the record of this team was. I will be there for the Tulane game 5 hrs early tailgating like always. And the check will be in the mail for our renewal as soon as it comes.

Reaction Score
If I wasn't in Miami I would be there. I will say, however, that it didn't cross my mind to fly back for the game and fly down here Saturday - cause why bother?

But if I was home, no way I would miss a night game - I love night games at the rent.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Did you ever have that filling in a tooth that, if you wiggled it with your tongue just right, sent a lightning bolt of stabbing pain through your jaw, and you just couldn't stop messing with it? That's how it is for me.

Reaction Score
We keep seeing the same threads over and over and over again.

Yes, apathy has set in for me. I have the night free but if I went to the game I'd be flying solo. I was invited to a night of drinking and cigars and will watch the game on TV instead of going. Sue me.

Reaction Score

Yes, apathy has set in for me. I have the night free but if I went to the game I'd be flying solo. I was invited to a night of drinking and cigars and will watch the game on TV instead of going. Sue me.

Yeah if I didn't have plans I'd go but I'm visiting my sister and this team isn't so good that I'm willing to cut the trip a day shorter to watch us get destroyed in freezing temperatures.

Reaction Score
I guess I would say I care...but not that much. We got invited to go away for the weekend with some old friends that had been postponed from early October (Houston weekend) when UConn was away. Normally I'd say we'll drive up Saturday morning but this time we are going Friday night. I'll listen in the car and if it's close watch when we arrive.

Reaction Score
I'm in. Relaxing day of tailgating off from work. Still fun to watch the season unfold, hopefully win or lose its an entertaining game with some exciting plays.

Would like to see, more than anything, passes targeted to whoever is open, not just keying on #5. And a punt return.

Reaction Score
Watching it on TV from a 1250 miles away still hurts, but witnessing it in person is soul crushing.

I will still go to any game in FL. Being there for the Teggart field goal vs USF provided a lifetime of happiness to balance the yearly sorrow.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

You going to Owl Shop?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
For me it's a 2 part question. Mentally I have given up hope on the season and a bowl bid and am losing faith in the coach. I'm mildly encouraged to see what DC does with the offense, but from as football perspective that's all I have to look forward to. So I've got a bit of a Sybil thing going on.
As far as attending games, like @FDNY99 said above, I'll be at the games (both in my case) and I expect my group to re-up for next season. I love the tailgate and hanging with the boys.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Another thread like this..........................
So I guess we can say there is a lot of apathy out there
At the game, on TV, on the radio, the outcome is the same
I have tickets and as usual I will be there BUT it is no longer a priority or a weekly highlight
That's what HCBD and his staff has done to this longtime season ticket holder

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'll be watching on TV tomorrow night and at PAWS-ARF for Tulane. Not lost yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I can't see myself not going to a game when there isn't a colossal personal reason.

Reaction Score
At this point, I only watch if convenient. I'll probably watch the BC game.

Reaction Score
Had two tickets for Friday but gave them to a buddy in Manchester to go with his wife. Used up most of my vacation time this year on my honeymoon and had a few hours saved up for a half day for this game (live 90 min away). Did what made sense to me, got someone to use my tickets so they won't go to waste and saved the half day at work for sometime around the holiday season and some money on parking, concessions, etc. I'll watch from home in warmth and from my couch. If we were teetering on bowl eligible I wouldn't have missed it, but the last couple of weeks caused me to re-evaluate how I want to use the few hours of vacation I have left this year from work and honestly this team isn't worth it right now, much better off saving those few hours for something useful during the holiday time.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'll probably watch the BC game.
That reminds me, regardless of what goes on this week, I will muster some excitement for watching the BC game. A victory would be a shiny spot on this turd of a season. And according to MythBusters, you can polish a turd. A loss and I slip further into my abyss.

Reaction Score
That reminds me, regardless of what goes on this week, I will muster some excitement for watching the BC game. A victory would be a shiny spot on this turd of a season. And according to MythBusters, you can polish a turd. A loss and I slip further into my abyss.

Right now, Mythbusters and How It's Made are more compelling and entertaining than watching Bob's Circus.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
I feel little to no interest in going to the game Friday night. It's on an accessible TV network and I expect a rough game. My plan is to watch on TV and then drive to the Rent (I'm only 10 mins away) if the game is competitive at the half. I never really thought I'd have such apathy towards these games. At the beginning of the season I was really looking forward to the Temple game--figured we'd be close to bowl eligibility and would get a great and rowdy Friday evening crowd. I think it's obvious that this won't be the case--attendance will probably be at 20k. Will you be there? I sense that this program is even losing the interest of the BY crowd which is a real testament to its ineptitude.

Live down in North Carolina. Had always planned on attending the ECU game. As the play on the field deteriorated I decided not to make the 2 1/2 hour drive just to get frustrated. Last Friday I saw that it would be a perfect football day on Saturday and decided to go to the game. Figured it would be a competitive game. Extremely disappointed, the first time I can recall that the team just quit.

Earlier in the season I had planned to fly up to Boston to catch the BC game. I had made the trip North to catch Navy, Virginia and SU. Glad I never made my flight reservations.

Reaction Score
I never miss a home game. I also re watch every game on tv to see all the things I missed the first watching the game in person. Will be at the BC game. And yes I am a very sick puppy with obviously no life outside of UConn football and basketball. Further, my deranged brain is still holding out a small amount of hope that that Diaco will figure out how to be a head college football coach before he loses this job, that next year's recruiting class gets us pass the obvious talent problems that this team has, and that we do find our way into a power 5 conference in the next few years. Six down years in a row is tough but you can't job ship yet. Show up tomorrow night and cheer long and loud for our huskies!! Remember the rent is not an easy place for any visiting team to play when the fans show up. If you need a little alcohol to get through the game, so be it. Just show up anyways, drunk or sober, and cheer the kids on. Coaching issues aside, fans need to continue to show up to the games if they want big time college football at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom