has the excitement fizzled for... | The Boneyard

has the excitement fizzled for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
TAMU game now that they lost to Purdue. Anyone passing up on going and rather stay home and watch it on the tube.

tickets are still available, so its not a sell-out

Reaction Score
The Aggies got caught looking ahead. It would be a mistake to allow the fizz to fade.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I wouldn't miss it for the world...but i"m in Guatemala, streaming for me.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
TAMU game now that they lost to Purdue. Anyone passing up on going and rather stay home and watch it on the tube.

tickets are still available, so its not a sell-out
A&M may be the defending national champs, but Stanford was the first big game of the season and more of a rival, albeit a friendly one. If Stanford drew a shade under 14,000, I'd expect A&M to draw 12,500-13,000, regardless of Sunday's result in West Lafayette. That would be consistent with the Baylor game last year.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think it will be an exciting game, much liek Duke last year...lots of running and points. Good game for national TV, unlike the Stanford game (which I enjoyed because UConn played great D, but that isn't usually what draws in viewers :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think it will be an exciting game, much liek Duke last year...lots of running and points. Good game for national TV, unlike the Stanford game (which I enjoyed because UConn played great D, but that isn't usually what draws in viewers :)
where do you get your viewers count from?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
where do you get your viewers count from?
I don't mean a viewer count, I just mean people that might tune in to WCBB to see two top teams play would probably rather see a higher scoring, faster-paced game than the 0-0 start of the Stanford game. We appreciate it because we watch all the UConn games, but much like the NC when we played to a 20-12 halftime score, it just isn't as exciting for viewers who watch only a few games a season.

*I am partly basing this on anecdotal evidence, namely my boyfriend who watches a few games a year with me and deems them "boring" if a bunch of layups are missed at the beginning.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I got an e-mail yesterday afternoon from the UConn ticket office. They are offering $10 tickets until 1 PM today.

Reaction Score
EASILY this could be the end of the home winning streak, just because A&M lost to a very good Purdue team, don't think for a minute they won't be ready for tonight.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
EASILY this could be the end of the home winning streak, just because A&M lost to a very good Purdue team, don't think for a minute they won't be ready for tonight.

"Easily?" That's a provocative statement. Possible, of course. But "easily"? I am sure UConn will come out and fight hard in this game.

Reaction Score
I meant I wouldn't be surprised, you are right, the wonders of message board posting, that could be read as I thought they would win easily. Sorry about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom