has Stanford... | The Boneyard

has Stanford...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ll give Stanford credit for jumping into the deep end of the pool to start the season, particularly since they did not have to agree to a game with UConn, but I must confess that I was surprised how badly Stanford collapsed in the 2nd half vs tOSU.

Reaction Score
I’ll give Stanford credit for jumping into the deep end of the pool to start the season, particularly since they did not have to agree to a game with UConn, but I must confess that I was surprised how badly Stanford collapsed in the 2nd half vs tOSU.
Not too many teams are willing to play UConn in the beginning of the season. I will give Stanford credit too ...

Reaction Score
ever start a season 0-2?
If they haven't---they are about to. Tara can't fix all these issues of the Ohio St game in one day. If travel was the issue, Geno travels and allows time to adjust to time difference (circadian rhythm) east or west; Tara isn't less intelligent don't you think?

Reaction Score
Based on what we saw last night, UConn should absolutely demolish Stanford on Sunday...........but I am still a bit wary about this game....... Tara has been one of the most successful coaches to ever face UConn and she usually makes the adjustments to her game plan to make it a tough go regardless of the talent deficit...........I would say UConn by 12 although if Stanford is really as bad as they looked against Ohio State the game may just get out of hand

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Based on what we saw last night, UConn should absolutely demolish Stanford on Sunday......but I am still a bit wary about this game.. Tara has been one of the most successful coaches to ever face UConn and she usually makes the adjustments to her game plan to make it a tough go regardless of the talent deficit......I would say UConn by 12 although if Stanford is really as bad as they looked against Ohio State the game may just get out of hand
I would generally agree with your assessment of Tara and Stanford’s ability to adjust, but I was struck by two things from the tOSU game. The Cardinal, who are always a sound defensive team, gave up 85 pts and they were outrebounded by -23. That tells me that the graduation of Roberson & McCall are significant losses relative to defense and rebounding that may be very difficult for Stanford to address anytime soon.

Reaction Score
I would generally agree with your assessment of Tara and Stanford’s ability to adjust, but I was struck by two things from the tOSU game. The Cardinal, who are always a sound defensive team, gave up 85 pts and they were outrebounded by -23. That tells me that the graduation of Roberson & McCall are significant losses relative to defense and rebounding that may be very difficult for Stanford to address anytime soon.

You are most probably correct but you know I am as much a pessimist as TonyC is an optimist...........

Reaction Score
It seems they miss the rebounding Samuelson :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It seems they miss the rebounding Samuelson :)
Great line. I can’t believe I omitted the “rebounding Samuelson” in my assessment of Stanford’s loss...:oops:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
forgot this games also means that UConn could lose 2 in a row for the 1st time in a long time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom