Has Nebrich gotten a fair shot? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has Nebrich gotten a fair shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Last week's game was my first of the season that I have watched. I love McCummings and the athleticism. I love Nebrich...his arm strength seems very good and his scrambling ability is good, too. Perhaps he ran too much but this could be due to the fact that his decision making is behind due to lack of playing time.

On Johnny...I couldn't watch him without thinking that maybe if he was blindfolded he would be more accurate.

I would love McCummings as our #1 with Nebrich in the wings.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Fair? Sure, it's been fair. He was in an open competition and had every opportunity to rise above. Hasn't happened yet.

But... it's definitely way too soon to draw any conclusions on the kid. I have every confidience that he'll be solid if given enough time to develop. Personally, I think that time is now... start him the next two games so he gets up to speed as much as possible ahead of Big East play.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This thread is almost as FAIL as the other thread where everyone has given up on all the QB's and wants to go the JUCO route.

Reaction Score
Fair? Sure, it's been fair. He was in an open competition and had every opportunity to rise above. Hasn't happened yet.

But... it's definitely way too soon to draw any conclusions on the kid. I have every confidience that he'll be solid if given enough time to develop. Personally, I think that time is now... start him the next two games so he gets up to speed as much as possible ahead of Big East play.

I'm confused, he got a fair chance and was not better and because of that he should start? And while he has not shown the ability to rise above, the time is now?

I'm in favor of either freshmen starting now, but I really am confused as to what it is you are saying.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
haha... well, when you put it that way....!

Fair, I meant in the sense that we had a 4 way, then 3 way open competition. And based on that, Coach P made playing time decisions. To me, that's fair. He didn't stand above JMac and McCummings to claim the starting position outright, but that's also not a knock- very rare the true freshman that is.

JMac, I feel, has played himself out of being QB1 at this point.

That leaves us Nebrich or McCummings... and they need reps before BE play. My vote is for Nebrich, but you are right, I'd be fine with either him or McCummings getting the reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom