Has investment in UConn gone up because of CR? | The Boneyard

Has investment in UConn gone up because of CR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder how much additional investment is being made in UConn by the state and interested players because we have been left behind? Assuming, as I must, that we will eventually find ourselves in a power conference, will we be better off because of this limbo period? One minor example: http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20130404/NEWS01/130409900 . The major investment being Next Generation Connecticut $2B. Would all of these things happened anyway? This might end up being a $6 Million Dollar Man story at the end of the day, and one, to the extent we get to the B1G, where we hook up with Farrah Fawcett Majors.

Reaction Score
IMO Definitely YES! The conference shakeup provides a tremendous amount motivation to step up our game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that Suzie is savvy enough to recognize CR as an opportunity to move UConn in the direction that she, correctly, feels that it needs to go. I also think that she smart enough to frame educational moves to in CR related language.

Reaction Score
This might end up being a $6 Million Dollar Man story at the end of the day, and one, to the extent we get to the B1G, where we hook up with Farrah Fawcett Majors.

Farrah Fawcett Majors is dead.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I wonder how much additional investment is being made in UConn by the state and interested players because we have been left behind? Assuming, as I must, that we will eventually find ourselves in a power conference, will we be better off because of this limbo period? One minor example: http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20130404/NEWS01/130409900 . The major investment being Next Generation Connecticut $2B. Would all of these things happened anyway? This might end up being a $6 Million Dollar Man story at the end of the day, and one, to the extent we get to the B1G, where we hook up with Farrah Fawcett Majors.

Good move by UTC. By the way, TONS and TONS of UConn alumni all over UTC, glad to see them getting behind the university in increasing ways.

pj

Reaction Score
Farrah Fawcett Majors is dead.

You're spoiling a good fantasy.

farrah_fawcett_poster_ZPJpGaF.sized.jpg

Reaction Score

No.

This is an investment in business in the state of Conn. Such foundations are good for research but they are relaly there to spawn businesses. This is a corporate-academic connection being made to ramp up applied science into technology in Ct. Compare it to what New York state did at the University at Albany. The Nanotechnology institute is generating billions of dollars, but on a practical level, it is a place for research and business, rather than integrated into the university's mission. It sure hasn't helped Albany with the AAU and by now, it's a $14 billion behemoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom