Has everyone renewed their season tickets? | The Boneyard

Has everyone renewed their season tickets?

Reaction Score
Just curious. Not knowing what is going to happen, have you renewed your season tickets?

Reaction Score
Louisville is not requiring payment until October 1 in recognition of the uncertainty. I doubt that I will be attending games this season but will not give up my four mid-court seats. Louisville football offered a refund without penalty, so nobody is going to lose their seats. I suspect that basketball will do the same.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Yes, both Gampel and XL plus the two games at Mohegan Sun in November.

There will be an opportunity to upgrade seats sometime in late July. Last year, I was able to get marginally better seats. I`m guessing this year will provide better options in that regard.

Obviously, much uncertainty over how this will play out. But if they are playing and fans are allowed, I will be there. Can`t wait to see the Bueckers magic show!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I too have renewed my tickets, as it stands now the ticket office said if the games are not played or are played without fans there will either be a refund or a credit for the following year. I am hoping games (at least some) will be played with fans if so I will be there!!

Reaction Score
I renewed my XL seats. Hope to see hoops in person this year.

Reaction Score
I renewed my tickets for Gampel and XL. I hope We can get to some games. I don't like to scream at the TV.

Reaction Score
No. Anyone over 65 with medical issues would be crazy to enter a crowded indoor space for hours. Watching basketball live is not worth dying for the experience. TV or computer for at least two seasons.

Reaction Score
No. Anyone over 65 with medical issues would be crazy to enter a crowded indoor space for hours. Watching basketball live is not worth dying for the experience. TV or computer for at least two seasons.

Not sure about "two seasons" but neither I (age 71) nor my spouse (age 68) nor our fellow seatmates (ages 61, 62, 68, 70 and 84) plan to attend in person this season.

Reaction Score
Yes, men’s and women’s at XL Center. Football as well.
Come on people, We are 3 months into COVID. The real beginning of BB season is 6 months away. Have some faith, and maybe some guts.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t take guts to risk one’s life attending a basketball game; just stupidity.
THanks for those words of wisdom. I assume you are one of those COVID experts who hasn’t hit a prediction correctly yet. All I am saying is, 6 months is a long time. Let’s see what happens rather than becoming monks or nuns. Bu the way, I am sheltering appropriately and using a mask regularly when I do venture out.

Reaction Score
To give an idea of the progress regarding Covid-19, the PGA Tour has conducted 2800 tests over the past three weeks and they have 7 positive tests. That equates to a positive test rate of .0025 % (1/4 of 1 percent).

Reaction Score
To give an idea of the progress regarding Covid-19, the PGA Tour has conducted 2800 tests over the past three weeks and they have 7 positive tests. That equates to a positive test rate of .0025 % (1/4 of 1 percent).

correction - .25%

A better stat would say how many different people were among that 2800. I'm assuming that many of the same people have been tested 2 or 3 times.
I suggest you explore the positive tests among college football players. Clemson has had 30% of it's roster test positive. That's just a smidge over .25%. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
correction - .25%

A better stat would say how many different people were among that 2800. I'm assuming that many of the same people have been tested 2 or 3 times.
I suggest you explore the positive tests among college football players. Clemson has had 30% of it's roster test positive. That's just a smidge over .25%. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure Clemson is doing the chicken pox party thing, to get everybody exposed and over it before the season. Their entire athletic department tested at 11% (double the expected rate) - 47 positive out of 430 tested. But 37 of the 47 are football players. That means the non-football athletes tested at about 3% positive - LESS than the expected rate. Random??

And LSU is quarantining 30 football players. Duhh - right. "Quarantining" them together with the rest of the football team so they can all get it and get it over with early. Pretty good strategy I guess, if they're actually going to play this year. The #1 & #3 teams in the nation, and they intend to stay that way.

Reaction Score
"Our Girls" deserve to have fans there cheering them on. And, the scores are going to be so high. It's going to be hard to defend from 6 feet away. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Clemson is doing the chicken pox party thing, to get everybody exposed and over it before the season. Their entire athletic department tested at 11% (double the expected rate) - 47 positive out of 430 tested. But 37 of the 47 are football players. That means the non-football athletes tested at about 3% positive - LESS than the expected rate. Random??

And LSU is quarantining 30 football players. Duhh - right. "Quarantining" them together with the rest of the football team so they can all get it and get it over with early. Pretty good strategy I guess, if they're actually going to play this year. The #1 & #3 teams in the nation, and they intend to stay that way.

It doesn’t mean much if there are no opponents. The CDC has stated that there actually might be 25 million people with the virus right now, with estimates that as many as 125 million will have or will have had it by the fall. College football seems completely irrelevant when faced with that scenario.

Reaction Score

Can't say I haven't thought the same thing but that assumes that the young can't die from it, which is just not true.

Reaction Score
Can't say I haven't thought the same thing but that assumes that the young can't die from it, which is just not true.
The young can, and do, die from football practice.

Reaction Score
The young can, and do, die from football practice.

How do you equate that to intentionally exposing people to a potentially fatal disease. This isn't chicken pox.

Reaction Score
The problem this site faces is that basketball is among the most contagious sports.

Reaction Score
THanks for those words of wisdom. I assume you are one of those COVID experts who hasn’t hit a prediction correctly yet. All I am saying is, 6 months is a long time. Let’s see what happens rather than becoming monks or nuns. Bu the way, I am sheltering appropriately and using a mask regularly when I do venture out.
I am sure the “guts” remark was an unfortunate mistake but what the reopening has shown is that it takes courage, guts if you will, to stay closed until a vaccine is available. To reopen with hundreds of thousands, if not millions of infected people, in the population is if course the height of stupidity. Six months from now? If we continue the current policies, common sense tells us that the pandemic could be even worse, mirroring 1918.

Reaction Score
The problem this site faces is that basketball is among the most contagious sports.

The gap between football and basketball in that regard is as wide as the gap between 1 & 2 in some of UConn's title years. I think that playing it outdoors is it's only saving point. In basketball physical contact is likely a foul while it's the biggest part of football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom