Has Danny Heard me & Others? | The Boneyard

Has Danny Heard me & Others?

Reaction Score
Chief was thrill to see Danny’s comment and awareness in CTInsider about having some great non/conference games at home. Recognition of that filter is the first step to making necessary changes in a busy World of competing demandds
IMG_3581.jpeg

Reaction Score
Chief unless you're our spokesperson, every fan here would like more attractive/competitive matchups at home.

It's like requesting closer bathrooms at a stadium so you don't miss much action..

Reaction Score
Yes they're aware of it. They were aware of it at the time of scheduling the games also. They chose not to value it because they're correctly doing what is best for the program, not what is best for the fans or season ticket holders. They know that a relevant and successful program is more important to driving fans' interest than 1 additional marquee non-conf home game.

You can call yourself New York's team or say that New York is Storrs South all you want, but it doesn't become true unless you make it so. Increasing our visibility and popularity in the city and surrounding region is a worthwhile effort.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes they're aware of it. They were aware of it at the time of scheduling the games also. They chose not to value it because they're correctly doing what is best for the program, not what is best for the fans or season ticket holders. They know that a relevant and successful program is more important to driving fans' interest than 1 additional marquee non-conf home game.

You can call yourself New York's team or say that New York is Storrs South all you want, but it doesn't become true unless you make it so. Increasing our visibility and popularity in the city and surrounding region is a worthwhile effort.

Reaction Score

More important than “1 additional marquee non-conf home game”, LOL there is none. In any business (especially one with a $40 million annual deficit) it is important to take care of your best and most loyal customers. Those are the season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Until season ticket holders stop leaving scores of empty seats in view of TV cameras during most games, whether they are corporate seats or casual and/or rich fans who only go for big games when we're good, I'm not going to feel that sorry for them.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
MSG is more home than the XL center.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

I agree with this sentiment, but it’s a pretty big disservice to your hometown fans to not schedule one (1) decent OOC home game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

You can do that and still schedule a home P5 opponent. They are not mutually exclusive.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've been complaining about this since 1989

Before that, we were one of the chumps

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I've been complaining about this since 1989

Before that, we were one of the chumps
So, you're saying the AD and head coach have been ignoring you a lot longer than they have Chief.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So, you're saying the AD and head coach have been ignoring you a lot longer than they have Chief.

Jimmy never returned any of my calls, although he signed a couple of thank you notes

Reaction Score
Actually one I said in the initial post was Danny heard the message, based on his comment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom