Has Autumn Landed With Another School? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has Autumn Landed With Another School?

Reaction Score
according to Raoul
of the 1065 D1 players in the portal, 631 (59%) have a destination announced

Those numbers are in line with what Geno said: 1000 in the transfer portal and 200 have received no contact. Women's basketball is a head count sport, so all recruited student athletes receive a full scholarship. Those 200+ are not going to be offered, and walked away from their scholarship. Bad advice is you ask me.

No coach is going to waste a scholarship on a borderline bench player that is transferring for who knows what reason, especially, a power 5 school that is locked in. Geno was right, the transfer portal is a mess.

Reaction Score

"According to the Daily Advertiser, Chassion received a junior college offer from LSU Eunice, and also drew interest from Loyola University New Orleans at the NAIA level and two Ivy League programs."

Not trying to be mean, but I don't think she has a future playing college basketball. If she had an in at an Ivy League school, she should have pursued that to gain acceptance, with the hopes of getting into a med school.
Ideally, wouldnt she want to transfer to an IVY school on scholarship?? Great setup for med school, plus, she probably gets playing time. Or, was she not offered a scholarship (interest shown but no scholy offer)? Hard to interpret that quote.

Reaction Score
Ideally, wouldnt she want to transfer to an IVY school on scholarship?? Great setup for med school, plus, she probably gets playing time. Or, was she not offered a scholarship (interest shown but no scholy offer)? Hard to interpret that quote.
Ivy league doesn’t give scholarships, only financial aid. yes they do take care of their tier 1 athletes but it’s still a financial aid package. If she is as smart as everyone says you don’t need to go Ivy to get into a great medical school. it’s more about undergrad GPA and MCAT score.

Reaction Score
UConn out of state tuition is 37,000, all in is around 56,000. Maybe Autumn and her father thought she would get a scholarship after a year or two. I'm sure if they asked Geno, he said no. If she had received admissions into an Ivy League school via basketball, she would have paid less than 56k for a much better education. They rolled the dice and lost.

Reaction Score
UConn out of state tuition is 37,000, all in is around 56,000. Maybe Autumn and her father thought she would get a scholarship after a year or two. I'm sure if they asked Geno, he said no. If she had received admissions into an Ivy League school via basketball, she would have paid less than 56k for a much better education. They rolled the dice and lost.
How do you know they rolled the dice? Did they say somewhere she was expecting a scholarship? If not, they clearly can afford tuition and maybe price isn’t a factor for them.

Reaction Score
Wow! I know I'm old (BA, 1972), but I think my four years at UConn cost my dad less than $6000 total, and it might have been closer to $5K. There was no tuition for state residents until my senior year. Out of state residents paid $200 extra per semester, I think. The bill was for room, board, a student activity fee and a couple of other minor charges. Other than books (which seemed ridiculously expensive back then - maybe $20 for a major text book) and weekend meals (breakfasts at the Husky Diner near North Campus and a lot of Beefaroni, PB&J & Mr. Chips cookies), that was about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom