Has Autumn Landed With Another School? | The Boneyard

Has Autumn Landed With Another School?

Reaction Score
My same question! No changes on WBB Blog , click on TRANSFERS and then
"Fall 2020 - Summer 2021" and finally find UCONN on Page 4. It lists no
change for Autumn. ( note : Anna Makurat signed with a the Polish Professional Team).
I hope Autumn gets a scholarship offer where " Go Autumn" = It's tough when " Autumn Leaves!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Even though she was a walk-on who didn’t play much, Autumn had a full year of practises with UConn. I’d think about 95% of Division 1 coaches would want her just for that reason. Geno has good things to say about her. Everyone says she’s a deadeye shooter, and she’s REALLY smart, so I assume she learned a lot about the game, leading offenses, reading defenses.

I’d love to see her at a top school closer to home — Rice, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech . . .

Reaction Score
Her time on the floor was known to be limited when she came to UConn but I felt bad for her when her injury (shin splints I think) too away the few minutes she was likely to get.

Reaction Score
Watching her on the court it was clear that she has high level skills but she is just too small.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Watching her on the court it was clear that she has high level skills but she is just too small.
Too small in what way? A little thin but, there are certainly many good players shorter than she is. The question should not be her size but whether she is talented enough to play the level of ball she desires.

Reaction Score
Too small in what way? A little thin but, there are certainly many good players shorter than she is. The question should not be her size but whether she is talented enough to play the level of ball she desires.
She was short in height and in frame. She has little muscle mass for a D1 player. I dislike the physicality of basketball but it's real. In some years she would be the 9th best player. I think she had a dream to play for UConn and from everything I read about her she is smart enough to see that her future there was limited. To that add that she is competing with equally smart and motivated pre-med students off the court.

Reaction Score
I believe her next destination will be heavily dependent on her education/career development with hoops being , at most, an accessory consideration.

Reaction Score
She was short in height and in frame. She has little muscle mass for a D1 player. I dislike the physicality of basketball but it's real. In some years she would be the 9th best player. I think she had a dream to play for UConn and from everything I read about her she is smart enough to see that her future there was limited. To that add that she is competing with equally smart and motivated pre-med students off the court.
People said that about Park Lane and Kevin Durant....amongst others. The best players in my opinion are consistent in the use of their strengths. Sometimes that's speed, dribbling, rebounding, making layups, but it doesn't need to be everything. One thing I laugh about often is the question of whether a player can score at all 3 levels. If a player can dominate and shoot a high percentage in the paint...I don't care if they can't make a 3! I mean Dennis Rodman could only do one thing consistently...rebound and he wasn't the biggest guy. He was strong, but not physically imposing.

Autumn's priority isn't trying to land on some elite 8 team. She just left one. It's landing at a school that will potentially help pay for her schooling. She'll land on her feet.

Reaction Score
People said that about Park Lane and Kevin Durant....amongst others. The best players in my opinion are consistent in the use of their strengths. Sometimes that's speed, dribbling, rebounding, making layups, but it doesn't need to be everything. One thing I laugh about often is the question of whether a player can score at all 3 levels. If a player can dominate and shoot a high percentage in the paint...I don't care if they can't make a 3! I mean Dennis Rodman could only do one thing consistently...rebound and he wasn't the biggest guy. He was strong, but not physically imposing.

Autumn's priority isn't trying to land on some elite 8 team. She just left one. It's landing at a school that will potentially help pay for her schooling. She'll land on her feet.
Autumn does not compare to Park Lane or KD or Dennis Rodman in any way lol.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think he is referring to the fact that about 95% of the one players look as if they could eat Autumn on a snack cracker and still have room for lunch. She is, relative to the average D1 player, incredibly petite. Agree with you though that it’s really a question of skill. Think about that Seton Hall player with the hyphenated last name. She was incredibly effective even though she looked as if she wouldn’t seem out of place on a middle school team.

Reaction Score
Autumn does not compare to Park Lane or KD or Dennis Rodman in any way lol.
In terms of relative stature...she does. And every D1 school with a medical program isn't a top-level or even average basketball program. If she can walk on at Uconn, then I'm certain that there's a home for her that coincides with her priorities.

Reaction Score
In terms of relative stature...she does. And every D1 school with a medical program isn't a top-level or even average basketball program. If she can walk on at Uconn, then I'm certain that there's a home for her that coincides with her priorities.
Not at all. KD is skinny sure but his height is above the average NBA player by 3 inches. And Dennis Rodman was imposingly strong, remarked by many teammates and NBA players. And as for park lane you can see she is much more defined than Autumn and that’s just talking about stature, Park Lane is extremely quick and pretty athletic. So no I wouldn’t say they compare at all. Autumn is completely undersized, under skilled and underweight to play meaningful minutes at most D1 schools. But sure I agree she can probably still find herself a scholarship at a lower level school and focus on academics.

Reaction Score
Not at all. KD is skinny sure but his height is above the average NBA player by 3 inches. And Dennis Rodman was imposingly strong, remarked by many teammates and NBA players. And as for park lane you can see she is much more defined than Autumn and that’s just talking about stature, Park Lane is extremely quick and pretty athletic. So no I wouldn’t say they compare at all. Autumn is completely undersized, under skilled and underweight to play meaningful minutes at most D1 schools. But sure I agree she can probably still find herself a scholarship at a lower level school and focus on academics.
ok

Reaction Score
according to Raoul
of the 1065 D1 players in the portal, 631 (59%) have a destination announced

Reaction Score

"According to the Daily Advertiser, Chassion received a junior college offer from LSU Eunice, and also drew interest from Loyola University New Orleans at the NAIA level and two Ivy League programs."

Not trying to be mean, but I don't think she has a future playing college basketball. If she had an in at an Ivy League school, she should have pursued that to gain acceptance, with the hopes of getting into a med school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom