Has anyone heard anything from Benedict? | The Boneyard

Has anyone heard anything from Benedict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looked like a man lost in his thoughts on the sideline with the end of the game approaching on Saturday.

I just hope he doesn't make the same mistake that Warde did in letting P have a third year. He'd be dooming next season and the season after that as well,

Reaction Score
A lot less fist-pumping.

Watching him inch away from a small group (including Beth Goetz) step by step and then looking down sideline and into the stands and at the end walking across the field and getting enveloped by the BC fans rushing the field was poignant and painful (could have been I had to pee badly as well).

He gets paid good money to make these types of decisions but the dude's got the weight of the program on his shoulders today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nary a word from the Horde.

Not even a "I called the AD and got an answering machine" from any of them.

You'd think that just one of these reporters could fire off an email from their phone while taking a dump at the newsroom asking for an update or comment from the AD.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My respect for the man will only incerase if we don't hear boo until the new coach is signed.

We don't need a circus and in spite of Bob's shortcomings, he doesn't deserve one. Find a guy you like and make the move. If you can't get a guy you like don't settle. Another year of Bob wouldn't be better than another mis take hire and I can't believe I just wrote that. How damaged.

Reaction Score
I expected an announcement this morning. Something. An apology to everybody that spent money and time to get to Boston on Saturday, if nothing else.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Benedict should say nothing. I know fans don't like that statement but what ever discussions are going on need to be kept behind closed and locked doors.

If they choose to fire Diaco, which I am in favor of, don't tip your hand until the season is over. If the announcement is made, Benedict will have to lay out to the public the timetable going forward.

Reaction Score
Benedict won't, and shouldn't be expected to, make any comments until after the Tulane game. Look what's happening in Texas, it's a disaster. Completely unfair to the players, especially the seniors, to undercut their last game. There's literally nothing meaningful that can be accomplished by commenting right now. The only scenario where it would would be if they've decided to fire him immediately, which it's clear they have not. The time period that's Benedict's opportunity to move is November 27-January 2. If nothing has happened or nothing has been said by that point, we've got a larger problem than Diaco. I don't suspect that'll be the case.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The thing is, you got to wonder if Diaco even is feeling like he's coaching for his job right now. Sure doesn't seem like it to go 2 weeks in a row with 0 points.

Reaction Score
The thing is, you got to wonder if Diaco even is feeling like he's coaching for his job right now. Sure doesn't seem like it to go 2 weeks in a row with 0 points.
Who knows what he's feeling, but that's not entirely relevant to the decision Benedict makes after next Saturday. It's not like if he realizes he's coaching for his job and they go out and pound Tulane into the ground that's going to change a whole lot.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

He's in fantasy land. Probably working on his thumbs up sign like it affects mojo or something. The man is a total moron and he believes his own bullspit.

Reaction Score
If UConn does not have the resources to fire Diaco on January 2, that is a glaring red flag that they do not belong at the FBS level. They should just drop back to FCS if they have to hang onto him longer than that.

Reaction Score
I want him gone asap but don't want to reward him with an extra $1.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member