Harvard might just be ranked in this week's poll. | The Boneyard

Harvard might just be ranked in this week's poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were 27th in both polls and bunch of teams ranked 18-25 lost this week.

#18 UNLV lost to Wichita State
#19 Gonzaga lost to Illinois
#20 Vandy lost twice to ranked teams.
#23 St. Louis lost to Loyola.
#24 Cal lost to SDSU.

Reaction Score
I thought they might be ranked last week- they sure look like a top 25 team after the losses above.

Reaction Score
I hope so. I think they are deserving. When the Ivy league has a good team or two they rarely get the recognition they deserve. It will also help our resume win or lose, though of course I hope it will be a win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At the least, Cal will drop out. St. Louis probably will as well. I think Harvard will be in around 23-24. No way we can be overconfident against those guys. It will be close and low scoring.

Reaction Score
Going to be a tough but fun game, I will be there in attendence :)

Reaction Score
UNC lost and went up from 5th to 4th in AP. UConn won and dropped from 8th to 9th. Yup, polls make sense. We should have polls decide the championship game just as we have in football...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
UNC lost and went up from 5th to 4th in AP. UConn won and dropped from 8th to 9th. Yup, polls make sense. We should have polls decide the championship game just as we have in football...

UNC beat a top 10 team, and lost to the #1 team by one point on the road. I have no problem with them basically standing pat. Duke, on the other hand, got absolutely embarrassed on the road and they only dropped one spot.

Reaction Score
So UNC and Duke have only 1 ranked opponnent left on their schedule. Each other. UConn has 5 ranked teams on its schedule. It's pretty much guaranteed that UConn will not catch UNC in the polls even if it goes undefeated in BE play (which would be unheard of even with experienced team).

Reaction Score
Not all wins/losses are created equal. There quite literally is no "better" loss than one on the road by one point to the #1 team in the country. Can't kill Carolina for that.

Reaction Score

UNC played with heart and élan. Uconn didn't.

Reaction Score
UNC played with heart and élan. Uconn didn't.

Your post doesnt make sense. UNC didn't play with heart v UW and looked like crap for the majority of the game

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Your post doesnt make sense. UNC didn't play with heart v UW and looked like crap for the majority of the game

...but they won, and Wisconsin is a top 10 team. Uconn lost to a team that won't even sniff the top 25.

Reaction Score

I plead ignorance. I didn't get a chance to watch either UNC game. But I know they are all heart and soul!

OK- I'll stop being obnoxious. I keep hearing that they are soft and don't have mental strength.

I just think they should be punished at least a little in the polls for losing, no matter who they lose to. Vanderbilt lost to the #5 team and #8 team (both in overtime!), so they should still be ranked if UNC somehow manages to JUMP a spot in the AP poll.

Reaction Score
Polls are made by idiots for idiots. No offense.
You don't here many "We're number 9/10!!" chants.

Reaction Score
Polls are made by idiots for idiots. No offense.
You don't here many "We're number 9/10!!" chants.

I agree that the polls don't mean much now, but they do matter come selection sunday. I'd stack uconn up against anybody at any seed.

But I just think it's odd that unc would feasibly be a #1 seed right now based on the polls....

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I think UNC is in at 6th in what was posted

Reaction Score
I like UConn in this game. This should be an early season tough statement win for UConn. Calhoun will have this team on edge and ready to play. There is no way I see an upset here by Harvard. If Harvard wins I will never post on the boneyard again. I respect this Harvard team a lot.

Good luck to all UConn fans and more importantly best of health to all.

Thank You BDog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul