Hartley expected back Friday | The Boneyard

Hartley expected back Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
we keep hoping for a healthy team, but yuck... still, not too serious. hopefully she and CD are 100% soon!

It’s already been an eventful week for the Huskies. Not only are they still without junior Caroline Doty, who is still recovering from surgical maintenance on her left knee, but Monday that lost sophomore Bria Hartley with a concussion in practice.
Hartley was expected to be at Thursday’s Big East media day but is still suffering some ill-effects of her injury and was kept home.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's the quote from Geno on Bria. Good move to keep her home.

“She got hit in the side of the head during a collision for a loose ball and then the day after [Tuesday] she said she didn’t feel so good,” Geno Auriemma said Thursday. “It’s probably something that happens every day in practice and she just happened to come out of it this time with a little knock to the head. That’s what happens when two heads collide.
“We didn’t think it was such a good idea to put her in the car for two hours [to attend media day]. We just wanted her to go to class and take it as easy as possible. Hopefully, Bria will be ready to go tomorrow [Friday].

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's Geno's (encouraging) update on Doty from Rich Elliott's blog:

Caroline Doty is again making steady progress to being ready to join the Huskies at full strength in the season opener against Holy Cross Nov. 13. UConn coach Geno Auriemma said that she has returned to practice, including spending about 90 minutes on the court Wednesday.
“Of the five days, she’s done something all of those days,’’ Auriemma said. “Some days more than others. I’m just trying to kind of wait for that soreness from the latest touch-up that she had to go away and then I think she’ll be a hundred percent. But right now she’s practices every day. It’s just varying degrees every day.’’
Doty has twice torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee during her career at UConn, missing all of last season. Most recently, she underwent a minor procedure to remove a piece of hardware from her left knee Oct. 11.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope Bria is fine soon. Obviously, she got dinged while she was hustling.

I recall Tiff getting her bell rung in a game last year. I think she ran into the Woman of Steel.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Here's Geno's (encouraging) update on Doty from Rich Elliott's blog:

Caroline Doty is again making steady progress to being ready to join the Huskies at full strength in the season opener against Holy Cross Nov. 13. UConn coach Geno Auriemma said that she has returned to practice, including spending about 90 minutes on the court Wednesday.
“Of the five days, she’s done something all of those days,’’ Auriemma said. “Some days more than others. I’m just trying to kind of wait for that soreness from the latest touch-up that she had to go away and then I think she’ll be a hundred percent. But right now she’s practices every day. It’s just varying degrees every day.’’
Doty has twice torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee during her career at UConn, missing all of last season. Most recently, she underwent a minor procedure to remove a piece of hardware from her left knee Oct. 11.
YES!!!!!

I can't wait to see her in the starting lineup.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Sounds like the kind of injury Tiff sustained running into Maya early in the Louisville game last year. She played two days later against UNC and had one of her better games of the season. Not saying it is the same injury, just that it sounds thusly.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I hope Bria is fine soon. Obviously, she got dinged while she was hustling.

I recall Tiff getting her bell rung in a game last year. I think she ran into the Woman of Steel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
yikes i remember that play Mil and Biff. i think Husky nation collectively held their breaths at that point...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
yikes i remember that play Mil and Biff. i think Husky nation collectively held their breaths at that point...
I do as well. Also the year prior to that with Caroline against Notre Dame...that was scary too!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Let's hope they get the injury stuff out of the way during the October practice. I was always amazed and happy at how Maya Moore stayed healthy for the four years she was at UConn. And think of all the times Tiffany Hayes has hit the floor, only to get up and keep playing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maya was not necessarily healthy, but she did keep playing. She was beat up in a number of ways last season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya was not necessarily healthy, but she did keep playing. She was beat up in a number of ways last season.
Maya was practically tackled in a Rutgers game her freshman year, and she had a bad fall in the regional final last year. There may have been other times when she got dinged hard. She also missed some international play one summer because of her knee. However, she never missed a game--and rarely missed any minutes--due to injury in a 154-game career. Part of what made Maya great was her toughness and durability. The Woman of Steel.

mediaManager

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maya was practically tackled in a Rutgers game her freshman year, and she had a bad fall in the regional final last year. There may have been other times when she got dinged hard. She also missed some international play one summer because of her knee. However, she never missed a game--and rarely missed any minutes--due to injury in a 154-game career. Part of what made Maya great was her toughness and durability. The Woman of Steel.

mediaManager
Indeed, she was incredibly mentally tough and refused to give in to aches and pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom