Hartford Marathon? - Temple Game | The Boneyard

Hartford Marathon? - Temple Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any idea what roads to avoid for easy access to the parking lot before game time? I think I should be ok from West Hartford if I back track a little instead of going through hartford on local roads and just stay on 84.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
They should have scheduled the damned roadrace for Sunday so as not to interfere with Rentschler traffic!:mad:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
But then it interferes with NFL watching. Fall weekends are for football and football alone.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
But then it interferes with NFL watching. Fall weekends are for football and football alone.

so what sport are we playing on saturay?

we dont have a nfl team, we have a state u football team. make money for the state, not so ppl can watch the jets suck d.

Reaction Score
They should have scheduled the damned roadrace for Sunday so as not to interfere with Rentschler traffic!:mad:
Oh for heaven sakes...this is the type of small time thinking that seems to take hold in Connecticut all the time. Similar to when they postponed the St Patricks Day parade because there was a basketball tournament at the XL Center. Heaven forbid that we actually have multiple events occurring...And that a lot of people might actually be around the area. Most places in the country would be thrilled with the prospect of multiple events and would figure out how to coordinate traffic. I'm sure it will happen here too.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Oh for heaven sakes...this is the type of small time thinking that seems to take hold in Connecticut all the time. Similar to when they postponed the St Patricks Day parade because there was a basketball tournament at the XL Center. Heaven forbid that we actually have multiple events occurring...And that a lot of people might actually be around the area. Most places in the country would be thrilled with the prospect of multiple events and would figure out how to coordinate traffic. I'm sure it will happen here too.

these 2 are not connected in any way. so its just ppl on both sides mad the other has the same time event wise.

Reaction Score
So according to this link, access on Silver lane to Rt 2/15 will be closed from 7:30 to 9, but it's unclear to me if I'll be able to get off the Silver Lane exit on Rt. 15 to get ONTO Silver Lane. Sigh.

Reaction Score
So according to this link, access on Silver lane to Rt 2/15 will be closed from 7:30 to 9, but it's unclear to me if I'll be able to get off the Silver Lane exit on Rt. 15 to get ONTO Silver Lane. Sigh.

Lots open @ 0900 tomorrow...

Reaction Score
Right. So I'd be traveling into that area round 8:50, presumably when the exit is closed?

Agreed... for most, the timing works. Hell, right up to noon works for most!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
so what sport are we playing on saturay?

we dont have a nfl team, we have a state u football team. make money for the state, not so ppl can watch the jets suck d.

Huh?

I was joking that football was all that matters on weekends in the fall. I was not distinguishing between nfl or college or making remarks on making money for the state etc... Just a joke.

And f the jets

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That exit will be open. Stay off RT5 from the center of EH - north. This is not a big deal at all. It's happened before. Here's a map of the situation.

The Silver Lane access they are talking about are west of Main St.

Reaction Score
Typical Connecticut. Right hand never talks to left hand, and often one of the hands is clueless. Heard third-hand that 2 or 3 years ago the race director tried very hard to get UConn to move the football game to a Friday night so as to not interfere w/race well after UConn announced its schedule for that season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Typical Connecticut. Right hand never talks to left hand, and often one of the hands is clueless. Heard third-hand that 2 or 3 years ago the race director tried very hard to get UConn to move the football game to a Friday night so as to not interfere w/race well after UConn announced its schedule for that season.

Considering the Marathon has been around longer, announces it's date sooner and brings in much more people and money from out-of-town; perhaps she had a point. In any event, it's a good weekend for Hartford. Over 10K people in the XL Center today and tomorrow, the race, the UConn game and other good stuff.

Reaction Score
Fair point. Good result would be communication between all parties going forward to avoid overlap. Don't envy early-arriving west of river folks trying to get to Rent . . . . the other issue is who would marathon talk to. UConn AD? Rent management? State dept of office & policy and management? Rent has one of these crazy setups where everyone is in charge but no one really is. Like the other place where someone thought it was OK to give a dude making $180K a $47K raise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom