Hartford/Elm City Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Hartford/Elm City Thread

Reaction Score
UConn, Premier League soccer games eyed for Hartford's Dillon Stadium

Interesting info in here. Will be interesting if UConn plays all their home games here while their stadium is upgraded.

I can't see a Premier League team coming to a small stadium to play. If anything, they'd play at the Rent. Now, getting a Championship level club from England with a strong international following (Villa, Swansea) would be more realistic.

West Brom and West Ham played against a bunch of USL teams 3-4 years ago in some lame stadiums when they were still Division 3.

Reaction Score
I still brag about seeing Clemens in New Britain. But I listened to that Connecticut Sports podcast when the Yard Goats guy was on. He said that baseball wasn't the main reason people went to Yard Goat games. I'm hoping Athletic can create a similar vibe.

I’m actually sort of hoping it sticks. I am actually going to get online and order some swag. The stuff I have seen on social media looks solid.

Meanwhile HCFC is still ticking.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
West Brom and West Ham played against a bunch of USL teams 3-4 years ago in some lame stadiums when they were still Division 3.
Was there a larger venue that hosts world cup friendlies nearby? Curious because it would seem to me that they would draw more at the Rent than at a 5500 Dillon. Then again, I guess it depends on the opponent. They aren't getting a Big 6 program so if it's a bottom end or recently promoted team, Dillon would be the better option. For the Prem clubs, it's all about exposure in American markets. So if it means playing in small stadiums in untapped cities, they do it.

Will be interesting to see.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
UConn Intends to Play All Home Soccer Games in New Stadium Once It Opens

>>Despite a report in the Hartford Business Journal, UConn is intending to play all its home soccer games for both programs in the new Morrone Stadium once it opens, a source told The UConn Blog.<<
I didn't see the part where they thought they'd play games after the new stadium was built. I only caught that they were playing the whole 2019 season at Dillon while renovation was happening. You don't spend that kind of money to not use the stadium all the time. This is a non revenue sport in a cash strapped AD. No games are going to Hartford once the stadium in Storrs is ready.

Reaction Score
Was there a larger venue that hosts world cup friendlies nearby? Curious because it would seem to me that they would draw more at the Rent than at a 5500 Dillon. Then again, I guess it depends on the opponent. They aren't getting a Big 6 program so if it's a bottom end or recently promoted team, Dillon would be the better option. For the Prem clubs, it's all about exposure in American markets. So if it means playing in small stadiums in untapped cities, they do it.

Will be interesting to see.

Nah I saw a picture of one friendly and they were playing in Sacramento’s little makeshift stadium.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a non revenue sport in a cash strapped AD.

It's not a non-revenue sport. It had the highest attendance in D-1 for 2017 and you pay to get in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did you see that one of their guys got picked up by Athletic at the open tryout?

on artificial turf? i know usl teams have played them but he was claiming they got in touch with Hartford....

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
It's not a non-revenue sport. It had the highest attendance in D-1 for 2017 and you pay to get in.
Ok so how much revenue does it generate? Honestly?

Reaction Score
I’m actually sort of hoping it sticks. I am actually going to get online and order some swag. The stuff I have seen on social media looks solid.

Meanwhile HCFC is still ticking.

Bringing this back to HCFC, their coach “left” the day of their first tryout, they had their 2nd tryout without an announced coach, and they haven’t announced a schedule or where they are playing.

Anyone home?

Reaction Score
Bringing this back to HCFC, their coach “left” the day of their first tryout, they had their 2nd tryout without an announced coach, and they haven’t announced a schedule or where they are playing.

Anyone home?

Hey troll.

I just looked at the NPSL site. No schedules are published.

Doesn’t look dead here: Schedule – Hartford City FC

Hartford City just announced Hummel as their kit provider.

Reaction Score
they could really use a boost in the marketing/social dept

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
New kit looks good
1551452183870.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As for my local team, the Red Bulls kit is never going to be good until (if) they have a different sponsor as there is not much one can do with that logo.

Thought it always looked good on my (new) man, Tyler Adams.

Reaction Score
The "Rev's" <sic>, ... not exactly setting a high standard to exceed

I wish a movie theater chain would sponsor then, they the Revs could have 'Coming Soon..." right on their shirts. That can be taken with respect to their never ending quest to get a taxpayer funded stadium and/or Mr. Kraft's recent trip to Florida...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bad Omen Alert: HA play their first home game on Kentucky Derby day against a team that has a running horse in their logo.
1551757113866.png

Reaction Score
It’s match day.

I’m actually optimistic about what Jimmy Nielsen can do. He’s a good manager and a pretty good man to boot.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome that I can watch HA on my phone/TV with ESPN+. Looking forward to this all season. Will definitely need to catch a game or two this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom