Hartford big win over Marist | The Boneyard

Hartford big win over Marist

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"Both seniors, Hall and Nikkia Smith gave up their starting spots to redshirt freshman Katie Roth and junior Alyssa Englert, not as punishment for poor play but because it makes the team better by making it deeper."

Caroline??? Are you listening? Take the pressure off Geno and suggest it to him.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Why should Caroline suggest that to him? If Geno wants to start Caroline, he will start her. If not, he won't.

Unless you are being sarcastic, in which case, disregard :)

Reaction Score
This was and will be huge:

Earlier in the day, redshirt sophomore Tori Jarosz learned she would miss 3-to-6 months, almost certainly ending her season, with a wrist injury that nobody had any idea would be that serious when she sustained it in an opening win against Vermont. A 6-foot-3 athletic post player who transferred from Vanderbilt and earned preseason all-conference honors in the MAAC without ever having played a game in the league, Jarosz represented the kind of difference-making talent that usually bypasses programs like these.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Both seniors, Hall and Nikkia Smith gave up their starting spots to redshirt freshman Katie Roth and junior Alyssa Englert, not as punishment for poor play but because it makes the team better by making it deeper."

Caroline??? Are you listening? Take the pressure off Geno and suggest it to him.
DD, that is simply silly to suggest. It is not Caroline's responsibility to do any such thing. It is the coaches and only the coaches' responsibility. Hard to believe someone with your general sense of the sport would make any such suggestion.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I believe the opposite happened once at UConn. An underclassmen, Asjha Jones, suggested to Auriemma that senior Schumacher should start instead of her. My mind is hazy on how it played out from there.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
DD, that is simply silly to suggest. It is not Caroline's responsibility to do any such thing. It is the coaches and only the coaches' responsibility. Hard to believe someone with your general sense of the sport would make any such suggestion.
Lighten up Padre.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Don't worry I was laughing and shaking my head the whole time I read what you wrote.
You should have been laughing and shaking your head while you typed what you wrote.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was at the game (but I had to get up early to teach a training session in NY, which just ended, so I haven't had a free moment until now). I confess I thought Marist was going to be the better team before the game started, and I still thought Marist would prevail through much of the game, but the Hawks came on strong at the end.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I dunno, so far the Huskies have a perfect record with Doty starting.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the preseason rankings of the America East
teams, but on the strength of BU's nearly beating a ranked
WVa team I would suppose that BU will be Hartford's
principal competition.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hartford hit 2 or 3 insane shots down the stretch to ice the win.

Just picked up tickets for the UConn game there next month as part of Mom's holiday gift. Folks, they're down to just the hard bleacher seats left, but you can't beat $10.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was.
People are cranky today. I thought I was doing a simple little OT post on a common grammatical mistake and got (sorry Padre) crucified for it. (Did get 2 "likes" though, and from 2 guys who differ with me on almost every political issue on the Cesspool.)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hartford hit 2 or 3 insane shots down the stretch to ice the win.

Yeah, one was the RuthAnne shot (I think it was here). Dribbling at the top of the key, not realizing how much time was on the shot clock. She looks over to Jen, maybe to see what she should be running and Jen is pointing frantically at the shot clock. She turns and heaves up aprayer, which goes in as the clock expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom