Hartford Athletic looking to ‘come together’ as preseason training begins with first practice | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic looking to ‘come together’ as preseason training begins with first practice

Reaction Score
They beat Red Bulls II 2-0 in their training opener. I don't know what sort of roster RB II put on the field, but they have been one of the better MLS developmental squads as they finished in the upper 3rd of the standings last year. Many of the other developmental squads are less successful on the scoreboard as their owners are more interested in developing a few players for the parent than winning.

Reaction Score
They beat Red Bulls II 2-0 in their training opener. I don't know what sort of roster RB II put on the field, but they have been one of the better MLS developmental squads as they finished in the upper 3rd of the standings last year. Many of the other developmental squads are less successful on the scoreboard as their owners are more interested in developing a few players for the parent than winning.

The II squads have less expenses since they mostly use the facilities of the parent teams. An MLS team can easily operate a II squad for less than $2M a year last I looked.

Reaction Score
They beat Red Bulls II 2-0 in their training opener. I don't know what sort of roster RB II put on the field, but they have been one of the better MLS developmental squads as they finished in the upper 3rd of the standings last year ...
Many USL clubs churn their rosters over each offseason, but it’s reasonable to expect RB II’s top players or prospects may be with their senior team and Hartford faced a youngish opponent.

No related news, but this link suggests UConn should minimally be scrimmaging against Hartford. Anyone know if that’s occurring or a game similar to many Div 1 schools with nearby USL clubs? Preseason Central | uslchampionship.com

Reaction Score
Many USL clubs churn their rosters over each offseason, but it’s reasonable to expect RB II’s top players or prospects may be with their senior team and Hartford faced a youngish opponent.

No related news, but this link suggests UConn should minimally be scrimmaging against Hartford. Anyone know if that’s occurring or a game similar to many Div 1 schools with nearby USL clubs? Preseason Central | uslchampionship.com

I didn’t see Hartford anywhere on that preseason schedule.

Apparently Toronto is so bad this year that they got blown out out by Eric Wynalda’s Las Vegas team in preseason.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looks like the unofficial blog of Hartford Athletic, Whale City Football, has gone belly up. Hadn't been any updates since December and now it's ceased to exist. I hope it's not an omen or anything.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see Hartford anywhere on that preseason schedule.
Failure by Hartford mktg/social media with a brand new team, a league screw up, or both somebody dropped the ball. No post-game article to boot. Preseason or not, leverage available PR opps.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Were those supporter sites? If so, it's going to take at least a season or half a season to gain any traction on need for sites like that. They need an identity and some sort of unofficial hierarchy that'll run stuff like this. Too early to set stuff up like this up. Twitter is best to use now to let folks know of any gatherings

Reaction Score
Miami FC is a former NASL team that will be in the new pro division of NPSL later this year.

Reaction Score
They are only up to 3,000 likes. If they can’t get people to like them on Facebook then how are they going to get some big crowds at games? Not promising.

Reaction Score
They are only up to 3,000 likes. If they can’t get people to like them on Facebook then how are they going to get some big crowds at games? Not promising.

Well, to be fair, they are well below the media radar right now. Most of the city doesn't know thye exist. After a game or two, covered by the local sports departments at WFSB, WTIC, etc and some pretty pictures of Dillon lit up at night, they should gain some momentum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are what you're record says you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom