Hartford AAC Tourney Blog and Visitors Guide | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartford AAC Tourney Blog and Visitors Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Does it seem like, from those you've talked to, that people are actually traveling here?

I would imagine starting today anyone around the downtown area will start seeing other schools' apparel as today is likely the arrival date for many people. ("Many" being a subjective term of course.)

Very curious myself to find how many fans of the other teams will travel to Hartford. This isn't New York City and no real proximity of other teams (minus perhaps Temple). I'm guessing minimal attendance by the other schools.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Very curious myself to find how many fans of the other teams will travel to Hartford. This isn't New York City and no real proximity of other teams (minus perhaps Temple). I'm guessing minimal attendance by the other schools.

I am, too, sadly.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Fyi- the ST Patty's parade got postponed due to weather, another week.

Reaction Score
Fyi- the ST Patty's parade got postponed due to weather, another week.
Yep, really bad luck. It would have been a blast with basketball and the parade and all the events that go with it. I've updated the site to inform people of the delay.

It looks like the kegs & eggs are postponed too but the pub crawls are still on but I am trying to confirm with the bars now.

Reaction Score
Does it seem like, from those you've talked to, that people are actually traveling here?

I would imagine starting today anyone around the downtown area will start seeing other schools' apparel as today is likely the arrival date for many people. ("Many" being a subjective term of course.)

From everyone I've talked to it sounds like SMU is the most excited for the tournament and a good amount of people are going. They even have an official school bar and events at the Tavern Downtown. I wouldn't be surprised if SMU fans outnumber almost all the other schools (minus UConn).

Next is Temple which makes sense with them in driving distance. I'm sure we will see groups from Memphis and Cinci too but I've gotten much less of a response from those fanbases and the others I doubt will be more then a handful. Tulsa especial has seemed angry at the concept that Hartford would even be considered for the tournament. I have not been impressed by their fans at all.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Next is Temple which makes sense with them in driving distance. I'm sure we will see groups from Memphis and Cinci too but I've gotten much less of a response from those fanbases and the others I doubt will be more then a handful. Tulsa especial has seemed angry at the concept that Hartford would even be considered for the tournament. I have not been impressed by their fans at all.

Temple fans don't even outnumber other fan bases for home games in Philly... I'm not sure how many we'll see in Hartford. :D

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
From everyone I've talked to it sounds like SMU is the most excited for the tournament and a good amount of people are going. They even have an official school bar and events at the Tavern Downtown. I wouldn't be surprised if SMU fans outnumber almost all the other schools (minus UConn).

Tulsa is angry?

1. They weren't even officially in this league when we won the right to host.

2. It's generally a good idea to put the tournament at the home of the school you can most count on to drive attendance

3. STFU you're Tulsa. Be glad we decided to save your with our lifeboat.

Reaction Score
Tulsa is angry?

1. They weren't even officially in this league when we won the right to host.

2. It's generally a good idea to put the tournament at the home of the school you can most count on to drive attendance

3. STFU you're Tulsa. Be glad we decided to save your with our lifeboat.

Agreed, it made me legitimately angry to hear them ranting. They are so small time it's almost funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom