Harrison Twins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Harrison Twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Harrison twins are terrible! One of them is a pretty good shooter and the other is just i dont know to be honest lol! All i know is Bazz/Boat after all the pre game talk about the twins being to big for them absolutely embarrased them on national television and had them so shook they turned the ball over with no one near them. They are the true measuring stick of Squids coaching. Ill also add WCS to that stick. Guy is 7 feet athletic as all heck and has zero offensive game and did absolutely nothing when his team needed him most. Hes a junior and still doesnt have atleast one good low post move?:confused:

I dont mind Bo Ryan not getting into the Hall yet as i prefer to see him get in as a National Title winner on the resume. I said the other day Uk should be more worried then duke because to me wisky just has the feel of a team thats not going to be denied this year and its turning out that way. Cant wait for monday!

I agree that they're overrated, but the "Bazz and Boat demolished them ergo they suck" line doesn't make sense to me. There are a lot of players who don't perform as well as our greats.

Reaction Score
I agree that they're overrated, but the "Bazz and Boat demolished them ergo they suck" line doesn't make sense to me. There are a lot of players who don't perform as well as our greats.
I never said that nor was i trying to imply it. The point i was making was how the guys who deserved the real hype werent getting it and the twins got abused for it.

Reaction Score

You still think they're overrated? By who? I get that I didn't watch the same game as most of you, because I don't boil over with rage at the sight of Kentucky's uniforms, but while neither one of those kids is going to be a star in the NBA, they're both very good college guards. People calling them "terrible" and saying they have "no skill" or whatever sound silly. They would get all the time they wanted at Connecticut and anyone saying otherwise is just wearing their "I hate Cal" glasses.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You still think they're overrated? By who? I get that I didn't watch the same game as most of you, because I don't boil over with rage at the sight of Kentucky's uniforms, but while neither one of those kids is going to be a star in the NBA, they're both very good college guards. People calling them "terrible" and saying they have "no skill" or whatever sound silly. They would get all the time they wanted at Connecticut and anyone saying otherwise is just wearing their "I hate Cal" glasses.

I should have said "overrated coming out of high school". I actually agree with much of what you say.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice how long it took the squid fanboy to post after his hero lost?

Reaction Score

They both shoot sub 40% from the floor with PER's below 20. Andrew is a pretty good distributor, but far from great in that category. Racking up 3 assists a game when you have four other 5 star recruits on the floor isn't too impressive, decreased playing time or not.

I think calling them "very good college guards" is a stretch. They're about as good as Purvis is, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse.

Reaction Score
They both shoot sub 40% from the floor with PER's below 20. Andrew is a pretty good distributor, but far from great in that category. Racking up 3 assists a game when you have four other 5 star recruits on the floor isn't too impressive, decreased playing time or not.

I think calling them "very good college guards" is a stretch. They're about as good as Purvis is, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse.
I would say very good college guards is about accurate. If they had a true PG next to them, they'd have a much better chance to use their skills. It would be like Ben Gordon playing without Taliek.

Reaction Score
They were both top-5 recruits coming out of HS. Now they are 2nd Round selections. Another reason I disagree with everyone who says The Squid develops players.

He's probably hoping they leave.

Reaction Score
I would say very good college guards is about accurate. If they had a true PG next to them, they'd have a much better chance to use their skills. It would be like Ben Gordon playing without Taliek.

Maybe we just have a different definition of very good. I would say that playing with three lottery picks down low offers enough spacing that it offsets any problem of not having a true point guard. If you're a shooting guard that it isn't very efficient as a shooter it's questionable about how valuable you are.

Reaction Score
Goodman is trying to stir s--- with BBN.

He's such a clown.

Goodman's got a radio face, newspaper voice and insight that is limited to 140 characters. He's pretty lucky Twitter came along when it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom