Harris Agbor still looks like he is struggling with his tackling. | The Boneyard

Harris Agbor still looks like he is struggling with his tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he has a ton of experience, but I do wonder how he has not been unseated. We did see some Byron Jones in there with Jerome Junior, and Byron was beaten badly by a WR where the QB could not complete the pass. Who is the other safety in the two deep besides, Jones, St. Louis? I don't recall seeing him in the game today on defense, did he play?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Gratz was beaten badly many times last year. He got stuck playing 10 yards off the line and still playing on his heels leading to blown coverage a lot. Hopefully the switch goes on this year and he can be more assertive.

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, it was not one of Gratz’s better games yesterday, but he is very talented and will continue to improve his techniques in the new schemes as the year goes on. Agbor is out there because of his experience (5th year player), but Jones is the future and I liked the split time yesterday between the two, that’s the way to break in a player.. By the way Ty-Meer Brown didn’t look bad out there either.. I was surprised by the little or no playing time that Mack, Wilburn and Stlouis received… anyone else notice that?? As staff seemed to be playing 3 Safeties instead of 3 Corners when needed.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Jones has taken the spot of Mike Lang on obvious passing downs.

Reaction Score
Jones has taken the spot of Mike Lang on obvious passing downs.
When someone has to come in for Agbor on passing downs, and his tackling is nothing to write home about, you could see why it would seem shocking someone hasn't replaced him in the lineup. My guess is he has high mental capacity for the game and knows the schemes, keys, and reads better than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom