Harriet: exhibition question | The Boneyard

Harriet: exhibition question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I guess I didn't quite understand from the blurb in the Courant a few days ago whether your new channel is going to televise either [both?] of the women's exhibition games.

Has that been determined yet?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ha! Your vote has not been determined.

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
It is being taped by CPTV Sports and will air (tape delay) on that channel which can currently be found on Cox and Comcast systems. More to be added in the near future.

As a rule, CPTV does not produce or air the exhibition games (we've only done one and that was when the game was against the USA National team). Games are exceedingly costly to produce and there is relatively little interest from the general public about these games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Games are exceedingly costly to produce and there is relatively little interest from the general public about these games.

We obviously don't fall into that demographic. ;)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
The games are available on HuskyVision. If I remember correctly theres not much sound, but at least we get the games. I think it's $9.95 to join for a month, but I am looking for a free promo code. :0)

ON EDIT: Promo code FREEMONTH10 works ;0)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The games are available on HuskyVision. If I remember correctly theres not much sound, but at least we get the games. I think it's $9.95 to join for a month, but I am looking for a free promo code. :0)

Cool., thanks for digging that code up. What exactly do you mean by "not much sound"?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Cool., thanks for digging that code up. What exactly do you mean by "not much sound"?
For some reason it seemed like we were basically getting what was shown on the main scoreboard and the cuts to and away from free throws were regularly untimely. For some reason, I do not remember there being announcers but I could definitely be wrong. My mind is not working correctly lately. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For some reason it seemed like we were basically getting what was shown on the main scoreboard and the cuts to and away from free throws were regularly untimely. For some reason, I do not remember there being announcers but I could definitely be wrong. My mind is not working correctly lately. :D
sounds similar to watching the Pan American games. it was odd to see them with no announcers, but great to see Bree play for an extended period of time...

Reaction Score
It is being taped by CPTV Sports and will air (tape delay) on that channel which can currently be found on Cox and Comcast systems. More to be added in the near future.

As a rule, CPTV does not produce or air the exhibition games (we've only done one and that was when the game was against the USA National team). Games are exceedingly costly to produce and there is relatively little interest from the general public about these games.

I get Cox in Southington. I can find CPTV and CPTV4U. Does anyone know on what channel CPTV Sports is found?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Seems to me Meye
You are indeed the public, but alas you are not a General.
Seems to me Meyers (with his arsenal avatar) might deserve the sobriquet Not General Poster

Reaction Score

You can always use the video feed from Huskyvision and the play by play from the wtic website.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
The reference to Huskyvision is just for you local people, yes. If I am wrong, where on Huskyvision does a Floridian click for "freemonth10"?

Reaction Score
The reference to Huskyvision is just for you local people, yes. If I am wrong, where on Huskyvision does a Floridian click for "freemonth10"?

Go to UConnhuskies.com > click your way to the women's basketball schedule page > click on the "watch" icon below the game information on the right sidebar. A new page will open prompting you to login or create an account. Create an account > after entering in an e-mail address and your name the next page where you can select the plan and a box to enter a coupon code in below that. Enter FREEMONTH10 in caps in the box and then click the apply coupon button to the right of the box. The page will refresh if the coupon has been accepted. You will then have to enter in credit card information below and remember to cancel the subscription before the end of a month.

Reaction Score

Here I was trying to get FREEMONTH11 to work last night. I did plan on trying FREEMONTH10 today after work.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Go to UConnhuskies.com > click your way to the women's basketball schedule page > click on the "watch" icon below the game information on the right sidebar. A new page will open prompting you to login or create an account. Create an account > after entering in an e-mail address and your name the next page where you can select the plan and a box to enter a coupon code in below that. Enter FREEMONTH10 in caps in the box and then click the apply coupon button to the right of the box. The page will refresh if the coupon has been accepted. You will then have to enter in credit card information below and remember to cancel the subscription before the end of a month.

Thank you, Scotter

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Upon accepting and logging into your CBSSPORTS account you can click at the bottom left to cancel the subscription at the end of you current period. I already clicked the link and my cancellation will be effective December 3rd. This way I won't forget to cancel later :p, and I am currently running the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom