Harper comments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Harper comments

Reaction Score
Player must turn 22 in the calendar year of the draft AND must either have completed their college eligibility or renounce any further college eligibility.

Davis won't be 22 until 2021, so ineligible to declare for the 2020 draft.

Graduating early doesn't make a player draft-eligible.

From what I found online, it appears to be an OR situation, so she could be eligible if she's getting her degree within 3 months of the draft. (https://wnbpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Player-Eligibility-WNBA-Draft-Module.pdf)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
From what I found online, it appears to be an OR situation, so she could be eligible if she's getting her degree within 3 months of the draft. (https://wnbpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Player-Eligibility-WNBA-Draft-Module.pdf)
That's interesting. I had looked at the WNBA website and found this, which doesn't mention the graduation option:

1584643764493.png

But your source looks authoritative, coming from the WNBPA.

Reaction Score
I think she has a couple of weeks to declare for the draft. From what I'm hearing she met with Harper. They talked about next year. No mention of the draft. So I expect her back.

good for Tenn she is uber talented

Reaction Score
I believe @Plebe is incorrect. i read the rules to say you are eligible for he draft if you graduated from a 4 year college before the draft or within 3 months of the draft and renounce any remaining eligibility. if you graduated then age is not a factor,

(I see others beat me to this point - slow typing is a curse (and occasionally a blessing)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
1st, kudos to Rennia Davis on her academic achievements. I saw a brief highlight of her and her outside basketball interests and am happy to root for her in any situation. 2nd, she's got the skill and talent to do well in the WNBA but probably needs to more fundamental coaching as that was clearly deficient under Holly and why no LV has done well in the WNBA since Holly took over. If anyone could break that trend it would be Davis. Personally, I hope she stays. Davis, Horston, Key, Burrell and Massengale are very nice starting 5.

Reaction Score
1st, kudos to Rennia Davis on her academic achievements. I saw a brief highlight of her and her outside basketball interests and am happy to root for her in any situation. 2nd, she's got the skill and talent to do well in the WNBA but probably needs to more fundamental coaching as that was clearly deficient under Holly and why no LV has done well in the WNBA since Holly took over. If anyone could break that trend it would be Davis. Personally, I hope she stays. Davis, Horston, Key, Burrell and Massengale are very nice starting 5.

also I saw segment during SEC Tournament about cooking featuring Rennia and her dream to (I think) open her own restaurant.... loves to cook.... glad to see her break away and flourish away from Holly

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I hope she returns since Tennessee looks solid if everyone is healthy, but she'll be a high pick if she declares. Talented 6-2 wing who can score from anywhere on the court and in a variety of ways. Good rebounder and athlete. I'd personally take her over Walker at 5 if I'm Dallas.

Next years draft looks super weak so she could potential be #1 or #2 overall if she waits a year. If I'm her I'd probably bolt now though. She has her degree, money looks solid at Tennessee/overseas and realistically she'll improve more through playing proball than another year of college. Tennessee likely wont compete for a title next year and she only has one other teammate from her original class.

Reaction Score
Diamond DeShields is doing pretty good. But that is 100% her own doing. She didnt develop at all in college IMO. I think the only other Holly player in the W is Mercedes Russell. And she had a good sophomore season, and seemed very improved. That has to do with better coaches though, Holly cant take any credit for that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Diamond DeShields is doing pretty good. But that is 100% her own doing. She didnt develop at all in college IMO. I think the only other Holly player in the W is Mercedes Russell. And she had a good sophomore season, and seemed very improved. That has to do with better coaches though, Holly cant take any credit for that.

It's honestly mindboggling how little Holly developed her top recruits.

Reaction Score
I think the team. Will be in a better position going into next season. I can't wait to see how much improved Horston will be. Adding another guard in Salary will also help.
They have Salary’s in college BB?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom