Harper comments | The Boneyard

Harper comments

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
To be honest Tennessee had one more game at the most to play if they made the tournament.

Could've won their first round game but this team wasn't making a deep run. I hope Davis comes back and Green gets healthy in the off season.

Reaction Score
Could've won their first round game but this team wasn't making a deep run. I hope Davis comes back and Green gets healthy in the off season.
Her injury and Collins transfer were the two things that set Tennessee back the most. Collins and Keys would have been a nice Tandem at the 4 and 5.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Her injury and Collins transfer were the two things that set Tennessee back the most. Collins and Keys would have been a nice Tandem at the 4 and 5.

That, and Westbrook leaving forced Horston to take on a role she wasn't ready for. Green being out forced Burrell into a larger than ideal role too. Led to way too many turnovers and poor shot selection. Pretty much everyone returns, so if players stay healthy, I think most Tennessee fans are hoping for a much improved team.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the team. Will be in a better position going into next season. I can't wait to see how much improved Horston will be. Adding another guard in Salary will also help.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the team. Will be in a better position going into next season. I can't wait to see how much improved Horston will be. Adding another guard in Salary will also help.
Is Massengale still the point guard? I still have reservations about the oodles of turnovers...due to many poor decisions. Until that is solved, you will lose games to inferior teams.

Reaction Score
Is Massengale still the point guard? I still have reservations about the oodles of turnovers...due to many poor decisions. Until that is solved, you will lose games to inferior teams.
They need to look in the transfer portal badly for a quick point guard.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes she is. Horston also played at point. Yes the turnovers need fixed. There was no bad losses. Like the previous years with Holly.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They need to look in the transfer portal badly for a quick point guard.
A point guard don't have to be speedy. Harper was point guard and has three championships. The top point guards know where and when to attack.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the "mood" of the team has changed remarkably. However, the turnovers stayed actually increased this year (509 to 534) and were the second worst in the SEC. The assists increased from 454-506 but that is still a negative stat. Top teams do not turn the ball over especially compared to their assists.

I like what Burrell, Horston Key all have to offer. I think Davis goes pro and KK has to continue to develop. The next huge worry is can Kelli recruit at an elite level. Love her or hate her, Holly could recruit and Kelli needs to do as well in that regard if LV's want to get back to the top of the SEC and in the WCBB landscape.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Massengill had a 2.6 A/TO ratio and only averaged about 1.5 TOs per game. She was solid in this department. It was Burrell and especially Horston that really struggled taking care of the ball.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Harris was a player. That didn't get a lot of playing time. She is gone now. So hopefully her spot is more productive.

Reaction Score
Also no good wins.

At the time the LVs beat Notre Dame, the Irish were still considered a top team, but the Irish did falter.....It was still a big win at the time....And timing is everything, just ask Marty McFly.

Reaction Score
At the time the LVs beat Notre Dame, the Irish were still considered a top team, but the Irish did falter.....It was still a big win at the time....And timing is everything, just ask Marty McFly.

Quality of wins can never truly be determined at the time the game is played. By the time NCAA selections come around, you know who is for real and who isn't. There are teams every year who are over ranked or under valued. The perceived quality of a team at the given moment doesn't make it a great win unfortunately.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The WNBA draft requires a player be 22. At the time of the draft. Rennia Davis was born Feb. 1999 so she's 21.
So she can't enter the draft.

Reaction Score
No question LVs had issues over which they had no control..... Green.... collins .... and the forced push to play Massengill and Horston.... having said that.... they still should have handled ball better last year.... KJH didn't have answer for cutting down on turnovers.... also, expectations are high based on Green returning and new blood coming in.... that will not help them to a large extent..... they had #1 and #2 players in entire country and couldn't push the needle all that much... and #2 was Westbrook , at the critical position of playmaking guard.... I don't know what bar the fans there are seeking to set... i think it is too high

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The WNBA draft requires a player be 22. At the time of the draft.
Davis will have her degree in May so WNBA draft is an option.
Player must turn 22 in the calendar year of the draft AND must either have completed their college eligibility or renounce any further college eligibility.

Davis won't be 22 until 2021, so ineligible to declare for the 2020 draft.

Graduating early doesn't make a player draft-eligible.

EDIT: I stand corrected on this point. Graduating players are eligible.

Last edited:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Player must turn 22 in the calendar year of the draft AND must either have completed their college eligibility or renounce any further college eligibility.

Davis won't be 22 until 2021, so ineligible to declare for the 2020 draft.

Graduating early doesn't make a player draft-eligible.

Ah good catch. She would be eligible for a grad transfer though which is becoming more and more common.

Reaction Score
Rennia is eligible because she will have graduated with her 4 year degree. A player does not have to turn 22 if that requirement has been met.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think she has a couple of weeks to declare for the draft. From what I'm hearing she met with Harper. They talked about next year. No mention of the draft. So I expect her back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom