Hardcore out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hardcore out

Reaction Score
Benedict is responsible for Edsall for better or worse. I'm sure in a perfect world Edsall wouldn't have been the first choice but that is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
ECU is giving Cincy all it can handle. Our ECU game is far from a sure win. ECU is very young as well, but their team improved much quicker than Edsall's plan.

Frankly, Edsall's 6 years plan is a total joke. The problem isn't the years, the problem is the guy in charge. He is just the wrong coach for UCONN. Dave needs to pull the trigger and put an end to this mess.

Reaction Score
Watching SMU vs. Memphis, it is a great game. Lashlee offense is fun to watch. How the hell did Edsall let this kind of talent just walk away? He should be our head coach vs. the crap show we got now. It is not just losing, it is boring as hell too.

Reaction Score
Watching SMU vs. Memphis, it is a great game. Lashlee offense is fun to watch. How the hell did Edsall let this kind of talent just walk away? He should be our head coach vs. the crap show we got now. It is not just losing, it is boring as hell too.
Edsall didn't let him walk away. He pretty much pushed him out the door. It didn't help his family didn't want to be here at all.

Reaction Score
Matt Drayton, Elijah Jeffries are good too. Joyce Medlock has a good future too. Jackson Mitchell can be a player to. The Line has gotten better. Still too many raw young guys in the DB. Finally, Uguak, DeVaughn, Pace and Fuller have lots of room to grow physically and experience wise. So there are a lot more pieces to be bullish on. But until we have a good QB, we will struggle.
I thought this thread was about you...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now, I believe that Randy is trying to push Spanos out the door! It is time - and I was a RE fan when he got rehired - to fire RE. Yes, see if Spanos would be the head coach, and get young assistant coaches. Give them a 4 year contract and see if DO would be the QB coach! I think, he could help Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski out!

Comments? Too crazy?

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Ok, I think I’ve got it. If a UConn coach tells a recruit - even a 4 or 5 star recruit - that he should play at UConn, that should be enough to get him here. If he chooses to go to Alabama, or Clemson, or Ohio State, or Notre Dame, it’s the coaches fault. He just can’t recruit and he should be fired. if he can‘t make a significant impact as a freshman or at least a redshirt freshman, poor recruiting. Fire his ass. Jeez, I didn’t realize it was so obvious. I must really be dumb.

Reaction Score
Because Edsall is an arrogant know-nothing clown.

Reaction Score
Now, I believe that Randy is trying to push Spanos out the door! It is time - and I was a RE fan when he got rehired - to fire RE. Yes, see if Spanos would be the head coach, and get young assistant coaches. Give them a 4 year contract and see if DO would be the QB coach! I think, he could help Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski out!

Comments? Too crazy?

too crazy on all suggestions. Dan O is not coming back here he has a bright future as an analyst. Spanos is not the right choice as a head coach.

This team needs an offensive minded head coach who is hungry.

Reaction Score

Comments? Too crazy?

Yeah let’s hire another DC as HC that really worked out the last time we did it

Reaction Score
Yeah let’s hire another DC as HC that really worked out the last time we did it

Even better.. every UConn FBS head-coach has been from the defensive side of the ball:
Edsall - was DC at Georgia Tech
Pasqualoni - a year removed from being DC of the Dolphins, current Lions DC
Diaco - was DC at Notre Dame

Reaction Score
Pl
2020 schedule has improved,; I fear that player development will not. Having second thoughts about going independent and staying FBS. It's all about winning and putting people in the seats. Don't see much of either happening in the future. Really hope I'm wrong.
Player development has improved since last season and I expect more improvement next year, especially if we can stabilize the QB position. I think the worst is over. And it was pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Edsall didn't let him walk away. He pretty much pushed him out the door. It didn't help his family didn't want to be here at all.
Anybody with a shred of common sense knows what happened. Game of Thrones.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I was in favor of the Edsall hire. I thought it would revitalize Randy and thus, the program.

On reflection, I can't help but think that Randy started with a "meh" attitude and it has never gotten better.

Reaction Score
Lashlee couldn't stand Randy from what I've heard lately and Randy didn't want to play at the pace Lashlee did. Apparently, that is one of the reasons AD Dave and Randy aren't as chummy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom