HARD TO UNDERSTAND | The Boneyard

HARD TO UNDERSTAND

Reaction Score
With no disrespect to any recruits who committed to other schools. After watching the ND game all I could think is that who, if they have the ability, would not want to play that level and style of ball. They are truly a thing of beauty !!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
With no disrespect to any recruits who committed to other schools. After watching the ND game all I could think is that who, if they have the ability, would not want to play that level and style of ball. They are truly a thing of beauty !!!!
Must be other reasons than ball alone. :)

Reaction Score
Haley Jones
Aaliyah Boston
Probably others??

Reaction Score
Understood, its not just this class, its any class. I can't see Hailey Van Lith or PG or etc... who play basketball so beautifully not want to play that style. Ballet on hardwood. Nuff said, out.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mostly agree but let's flip that around for a second. If you are a very talented BB player, why would you pick UCONN knowing that you have to be as good or better than ONO or Cd or Megan or KLS or Pheesa or CW to get off the bench and play. You could easily to State U and play 35 minutes of game instead.

Reaction Score
Mostly agree but let's flip that around for a second. If you are a very talented BB player, why would you pick UCONN knowing that you have to be as good or better than ONO or Cd or Megan or KLS or Pheesa or CW to get off the bench and play. You could easily to State U and play 35 minutes of game instead.
Agree. IMO, many more decisions at the top 30 level are based on depth charts and PT than many people realize. In WBB, probably equal to proximity to home.

Reaction Score

But you almost have to be the kind of player who believes she is or can be as good (or better) than those with work, training, and support to want the challenge. "Many are called, few are chosen, and some have expectations bigger than either their commitment or ability.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
e there

Totally agree and I'm sure coaches use that line of thought when speaking with recruits. Add to the rigors of Geno's practices and earning your minutes, I'm sure other coaches are saying Geno may not be there for your 4 years.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So, so right. And what players really want that burden of living up to that darn wall of championships, AA's, and Olympic players? What players really think they can compete knowing they'll be hated by other teams and fans, expected to win every game by 20, and with all of the off court interviews and scrutiny. It takes a very special athlete to really want to play for UConn and thrive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom