Harbaugh to Rams rumors? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Harbaugh to Rams rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember when Emile Francis took over the Whale. The previous regime was all hot to pick legendary stiff Sylvain Turgeon over actual legend Pat LaFontaine. He went ahead with Turgeon knowing that if it didn't pan out he could blame who came before. Like DB apologists are doing here. The Cat's decision probably cost the Whalers the Stanley Cup. And Benedict's decision is costing us here. It's all on him, no one else. I just hope he's using this silent time scaring up the cash it will take to make Diaco go away. If he can't, he should resign.
This is absolutely revisionist history. How is it 100% on Benedict when he arrived into a position with a perfectly warranted contract extension basically already negotiated for a coach no one reasonably could have foreseen imploding catastrophically as he did, and then when said coach DOES implode as he did the administration will not allow him to buy out the contract and fire him? What did you or do you want DB to do? Nix a contract extension the day he walks in the door? He'd look like a fool at the time and Diaco may well have gone to Rutgers. Do you want him to find $5 million out of thin air right now that the administration will not let him spend? Yes, Diaco absolutely should be fired based on merit, but if UConn's administration isn't letting DB buy out the contract, he has virtually no options.

His hands are tied. Once 1/1/17 comes around and the buyout drops, the situation becomes a bit different, but at the same token the available options at HC right now, beyond Moorhead, aren't terribly appealing. Add to that the very quiet coaching carousel this offseason and a lot of HCs and P5 coordinators are waiting for next year when more P5 jobs are available. Pinning this entirely on DB is just a cop-out and a way to be mad online and find someone to blame for something that ultimately falls squarely at the feet of the head coach himself and no one else.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt he will return to the NFL one day. I doubt he does so without at least playing for a National Title.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the thread for Harbaugh to the Rams? Can't seem to find it.
Maybe it's by your good news Giants thread, hypocrite.

Reaction Score
I sure hope that Bob Diaco is still Warde Manuel's "guy". If Harbaugh leaves, maybe Warde can use his Michigan stacks and hire Diaco as a new $5M waterboy. If Diaco puts fish oil in the water, designate him to towel boy.

Warde makes amends for his role in upping Diaco's buyout, UConn can move on in the process of hiring an actual FBS quality head coach and staff, Michigan has the freshest water (or cleanest jocks) in all of college football, Diaco gets paid and has an entirely new audience to say ridiculous things to. To me, that's a win-win-win-win-win.

"Timing is everything". Would Warde be at Michigan if the AD position became available this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom