OT: - Happy Thanksgiving Day tradition | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Thanksgiving Day tradition

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys the blessings we all share in this country. And then enjoy the Paradise Jam Game! I am including a Thanksgiving Day tradition :

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Alice's Restaurant has been a tradition for decades with us. It was a little more fun when you had to plan ahead and catch it when you knew the local radio station was going to play it, instead of just calling it up online. We still try to shoot for the noon playing on PLR. They play it earlier in the morning and at 6:00 in the afternoon as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Reaction Score
From our cave to your home. :)

1542824001834.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys the blessings we all share in this country. And then enjoy the Paradise Jam Game! I am including a Thanksgiving Day tradition :
Growing up in the Berkshires, I have been to the original church where the Massacree all started and met Arlo at his home in Washington, MA when a friend's motorcycle caught on fire on the road in front of Arlo's house. Arlo came out to investigate the incident and help put out the fire. Needless to say, listening to Alice's Restaurant Massacree is a Thanksgiving Day tradition for me.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Growing up in the Berkshires, I have been to the original church where the Massacree all started and met Arlo at his home in Washington, MA when a friend's motorcycle caught on fire on the road in front of Arlo's house. Arlo came out to investigate the incident and help put out the fire. Needless to say, listening to Alice's Restaurant Massacree is a Thanksgiving Day tradition for me.
Stockbridge and its surrounding area is beautiful. When I think of Stockbridge, I think of Sweet Baby James' "and the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting". Much good music from that general vicinity. :D

Reaction Score
To all y'all (that was for you, BAMA)....this is one of the great threads of all....great sincerity, great humor, great feeling, great humor, and even some more welcome appreciation for this great nation of ours. Thanksgiving blessing from me and my wife....enjoy!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Stockbridge and its surrounding area is beautiful. When I think of Stockbridge, I think of Sweet Baby James' "and the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting". Much good music from that general vicinity. :D
Yup and the turnpike was closed :D. I left the Berkshires right out of HS and have lived below the Mason Dixon line ever since. I have returned from time to time. It amazes me by how many people have been to the Berkshires and sing their praises of that part of NE.

Reaction Score

Thank you..Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'll be alone. I've had a very hard year. I've put two dogs down in the last 7 months. I've been struggling w/chronic severe depression and I have an eating disorder (I'm 57 and weigh 98 pounds). Hopefully I'll be accepted into recovery next week. But I'm hanging on.

If I do go I'll miss a few UConn games, but I guess it's a small price to pay.

I wish everyone on the Boneyard a very, very Happy Thanksgiving. Appreciate what you have - but I'm sure you all do.

Reaction Score

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'll be alone. I've had a very hard year. I've put two dogs down in the last 7 months. I've been struggling w/chronic severe depression and I have an eating disorder (I'm 57 and weigh 98 pounds). Hopefully I'll be accepted into recovery next week. But I'm hanging on.

I wish everyone on the Boneyard a very, very Happy Thanksgiving. Appreciate what you have - but I'm sure you all do.

GO U: in more ways than one. Can tell you have guts and perspective. That can be all you need! Do NOT think of yourself as being alone. There are a bunch of us in your corner on this. FEEL our prayers and good wishes. Stay well, and HAVE a Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
GO U: in more ways than one. Can tell you have guts and perspective. That can be all you need! Do NOT think of yourself as being alone. There are a bunch of us in your corner on this. FEEL our prayers and good wishes. Stay well, and HAVE a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you. Your response means more to me than you can ever know. I'll be finding out about recovery on Friday.

Reaction Score
Yup and the turnpike was closed :D. I left the Berkshires right out of HS and have lived below the Mason Dixon line ever since. I have returned from time to time. It amazes me by how many people have been to the Berkshires and sing their praises of that part of NE.

I grew up in North Central Mass - and from there west to the Berkshires it is indeed gorgeous - glad I get to go back there every couple years or so. :D:D

Reaction Score

You can beat this. And you are not alone - guarantee the Boneyard will be a very active place tomorrow!

Reaction Score

All the best to you for future recovery and improvement, it will get better for you. Please keep us updated, glad you are reaching out- take care of yourself, all the best. Ken

Bama fan

Reaction Score

I wish you all the best and hope for your recovery soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom