OT: - Happy Paczki Day to All | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Paczki Day to All

Reaction Score
Our daughter lived in Miami for a while. We went to Publix to get groceries. Asked for some sliced turkey at the deli. The clerk was mortally offended when I declined to taste a slice of it before she packaged it. Great grocery store, though. Wish we had them in New England.
It is true that Publix deli folks would encourage customers to try the first slice but that has pretty much stopped. You can, however, ask and they'll gladly let you have a slice to taste. I don't know if this is a storewide policy change or just the stores I go to. I suspect some accountant ran the numbers and found out the cost of giving food away. Maybe it was a co-vid thing.

Reaction Score
I'll be hitting Publix tomorrow so will probably pick up a box or two of paczkis or two. I liked them when I was in CT, never saw them in NC and then rediscovered them at Publix in FL. It has been too long since eating the CT version to compare them to Publixes, but the Publix version is tasty.
Just got back from Publix. My left hand is now tapping in this post. My right hand is busy holding a raspberry paczkis. Ummm!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bumping the thread a few days early... Just to give a y'all a heads up.. Paczki Day is Tuesday the 21st.. :)

If y'all dont see me post for a few days afterwards, then you know I got carried away :oops::oops::oops:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t like those. Talk about a mess trying to eat them!
Życie jest chaotyczne. Cieszyć się mimo wszystko.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The only thing I care about on the 21st is beating St Johns!
I think one can hold as many as two thoughts at one time. Surely victory and sweets can coexist! :confused:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It is true that Publix deli folks would encourage customers to try the first slice but that has pretty much stopped. You can, however, ask and they'll gladly let you have a slice to taste. I don't know if this is a storewide policy change or just the stores I go to. I suspect some accountant ran the numbers and found out the cost of giving food away. Maybe it was a co-vid thing.
It was the Covid thing here in Nevada, all of the deli's state wide were forbidden to give out samples by the State Health Dept. Some of the stores are now letting customers try a sample if they ask.

Reaction Score
From Publix in Ormond Beach..
Resizer_16767477300781.jpeg

Reaction Score
Triaddookie, I want to thank you for resurrecting this thread. Ever since all of the neighborhood bakeries disappeared, I had to get things like paczkis at the supermarket. Waiting until Fat Tuesday they were always mostly stale. However, Mrs. Skeets sent me to our local Stop and Shop today for other things. Just for giggles I kept my eyes open for paczkis. Lo and behold there were raspberry paczkis. Delicious and nice and fresh. Happy I didn't wait until Fat Tuesday. If not for your post, that's what I probably would have done.

Reaction Score
We get ours from Big Y and they don't last long. Always happy to see that box on the kitchen counter. The raspberry with the granular sugar great.

Reaction Score
Have not seen paczky yet at any of my local Publixes, but a local Walmart had them! Was able to pick up a box of 6 raspberry paczky for my dad (and a couple for me too ).

Reaction Score
Stop & Shop had paczki sharing a table with Irish soda bread. Naturally, I had to get both, in spite of the fact that I'm trying to watch my weight. And I am watching it..........increase.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The day has finally arrived. Please enjoy your Paczki responsibly. Don't eat and drive. Ain't nothing fun about finding pastry crumbs in your car months later :oops:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I looked in our local Publix on Sunday, and they had none to offer. I have been successfully avoiding sugary treats and have managed to lose quite a bit of weight, so it was a blessing in disguise. :oops: Hope y'all enjoy!

Reaction Score
Went to the local Big Y for the Paczkis for the last time this year. All sold out! Oh well ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom