Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy Songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy Songs

Reaction Score
I recognize the first tune of the medley. There is a song in English that uses this tune. Since I don't know Irish I have no idea if it's a direct translation.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I recognize the first tune of the medley. There is a song in English that uses this tune. Since I don't know Irish I have no idea if it's a direct translation.
Yes, thanks. It is a Gaelic version of the traditional song "some say the devil's dead...". Many Celtic groups play this tune regularly. But the diction of these two ladies and their voices makes this one special. I was being a bit facetious when I said I did not know.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And another fine up tempo feel good tune:

Catchy, yes, feel-good? I dunno, "Won't somebody stop to help a guy?" sounds pretty desperate. And the reason he needs a ride is to "get me home to keep her satisfied." The guy has no money to even ride a train. He and we know that his baby will be plenty satisfied by the time he gets home.

Reaction Score
Catchy, yes, feel-good? I dunno, "Won't somebody stop to help a guy?" sounds pretty desperate. And the reason he needs a ride is to "get me home to keep her satisfied." The guy has no money to even ride a train. He and we know that his baby will be plenty satisfied by the time he gets home.

Ah, now you really are a cheery, upbeat sort aren't you?

Fortunately, I feel I don't possess your apparent sour disposition on life.

Some of the very best times I've ever experienced were when me and the buddies/GF's were broke - and those times are now super fond memories- and many times we were in fact Hitchin' a Ride somewhere.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what these ladies are saying, but I know I like it.

I just played it a fourth time, so I guess I should put it on my favorites list. I'm trying to learn the words for the next sing along. Thanks!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ah, now you really are a cheery, upbeat sort aren't you?
Fortunately, I feel I don't possess your apparent sour disposition on life.
That's kind of uncalled for just because a poor guy singing about being miserable makes you happy. Lighten up, scud.

Reaction Score
That's kind of uncalled for just because a poor guy singing about being miserable makes you happy. Lighten up, scud.

Ah, I would say just the opposite applies.....to you....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom